What time do you eat dinner?

Options

Replies

• hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner anywhere from 5:30 to 8:00 depending on my work, school and gym schedule.

I've heard that you need something like 8- 10 hours of not eating (such as when you are sleeping) to allow your liver adequate time to do its job in regards to fat and cholesterol related functions. I can't remember specifics at the moment though ...

As long as I'm still within my calorie limits I will eat up to a half hour before bed but only if I'm truly hungry. Usually I try to have some herbal tea first to make sure I'm not sure thirsty or munchy.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Between 6-11 PM.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    between 6-7
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Weekdays about 7-730
    Friday-Saturday 8 or so
    Sunday between 3-5
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    between 6-730. depends on what time my man gets home
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Depends what time I got up that morning and when I have to get up the next day.

Today I was up at 3.30am for work, so ate dinner around 5pm.
    Tomorrow I don't have to be up til 5, so probably won't eat til 7 ish
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    between 5*15 and 5*30
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. As long as you're meeting your calorie goals, you're still on track.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i eat dinner by 5:00 everyday
  • LHAMON2009
    Options
    I think t depends on the person. I know for my husband and I we sleep on a wierd schedule. So we eat at 12 noon, 6pm, and then again at 12 midnight. We go to sleep at 3ish am and wake up at 11 am ish.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Dinner at 4:30 on week days and 5 on weekends. Also get a light snack like an apple around 7. I always wake up hungry in the morning and if I don't eat a snack before bed I get really bad heart burn that wakes me up in the middle of the night.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    When you eat mattering is a myth. Calories in, calories out is what matters.

I usually eat around 8pm.

^^^This^^^ I eat when I am hungry.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I often eat dinner at 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. because I take night classes for grad school that end at 9:00 p.m. The I commute, and cook. I also work until 6:00 p.m. on non-school days and it takes an hour to get home. Still lost 20 lbs. Pretty sure time doesn't matter.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I read a really interesting article that completely blew away the myth of eating late at night and the ultimate message was simply:

"the golden rule to losing weight: create a calories deficit. You need to burn more calories than you take in. Your weight loss is based on the size of your calorie deficit, not eating at night"

I go by this and pretty much eat dinner when I'm hungry and when both my husband and I get back in from work which is usually any time between 6:30pm and 9:00pm...

Just find whatever works for you and your lifestyle :smile: good luck!! Vx
  • msapril177
    msapril177 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Usually around 6, is when I try to feed my kids, but when I hit the gym after work we sometimes don't eat until 7ish. I hate eating late.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It depends on what my schedule is for that day. On days I go to the gym right after work then we eat around 6, if it's a day where I go home 1st then to the gym then around 8. I try to make sure dinner is within 2 hours of my workout, a recommendation from my trainer. Weekends are normally rest days for me and we usually eat around 6.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just don't ever feed yourself after midnight! *sigh* ... thinking about poor Gizmo ...
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Between 4-9pm. I haven't had a problem with it yet...
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I dont think it matters!! I get off of work at 5pm and then go to the gym right after. Im usually not walking in the door until 6:30-6:45. Then I must shower prepare dinner and pack my lunch. Im usually not eating until 7:30-8:00. And Im 125 pounds and fit so I really don't think time matters!!!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Weekends any time around 3-4-5 pm during the week about 7-8:30pm and yes usually snack or two before bed.