Question about 30day thingy?

Options
I read in succes stories that people did a 30DS, but what exactly is that?

To tell a little succes story, I did loose weight with MFP after giving birth to our second son, but due to freezing at a certain weight I lost interest and stopped using MFP. My goal is to loose 6 kilo (about 12 pounds?) before summer.

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It is a DVD by Jillian Michaels, one of the first trainers from Biggest Loser. It is called 30 Day Shred or 30DS. It is a great workout. She can be a little annoying in this DVD but you can mute her if you need to. It is a good workout. I lost 25 inches total with 2 rounds of the workout or 60 Days.
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i started to do the 30 day shred i was wondering howmany times do you do it in a week and when do you move on to the nxt level?
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    It is a DVD by Jillian Michaels, one of the first trainers from Biggest Loser. It is called 30 Day Shred or 30DS. It is a great workout. She can be a little annoying in this DVD but you can mute her if you need to. It is a good workout. I lost 25 inches total with 2 rounds of the workout or 60 Days.

Wow that is a lot of inches! I really need to do this dvd. It seems like everyone that does it has great success.
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    Ow, a DVD. And it takes an hour a day?
    Giag09, my guess is you do it every day for a 30 day period?
  • slucas88
    slucas88 Posts: 8
    Options
    No it's only 27mins long! So can fit it in easily :)
    Some people do it everyday, some people have rest days, personal choice really. I do it about 3/4 days a week and it really helps the toning process
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The DVD takes 20mins a day (after warm up and cool down - those add a few mins). She does it in intervals of 3, 2 and 1 mins. By the time you're cursing her you're done. LOL I hope to start on Sunday with hubby.

You do Lv 1 for 10 days, Lv 2 for 10 days and then Lv 3 for 10 days. That's the plan anyways but I've heard of those who've move up when they master each Level. You can adjust it to meet your needs. Many don't do it everyday...more like every other day.
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    Ah ok, now I need to find where to get it here in Holland :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ow, a DVD. And it takes an hour a day?
    Giag09, my guess is you do it every day for a 30 day period?

No it is only 30 minute workouts and you do the first level for 10 days, second level for 10 days and then the final level 10 days. It is a great workout that only requires a set of hand weights and a mat if you are working out on a hard surface. I also recommend a towel because you will be sweating loads and water to replinish.
  • deverdad
    deverdad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can actually order the DVD from amazon.com for about $6....there's 3 levels and you do each one for about 10 days. Great way to get in a quick, effective workout.
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    I can squeeze in a 30 min workout, and maybe I can do it in my sons bedroom with the laptop :) I'll check amazon!
  • inr0myr
    inr0myr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ah ok, now I need to find where to get it here in Holland :)

You can download it from Torrent. I got mine from kat.ph and the video is awesome. It's quite a big file so you better have good internet connection
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It is a good DVD. All of her videos are. It is 27 minutes long like someone already said. You are supposed to do it 10 days each level 30 days straight but I took rest days. The first time I did it I only did 20 days then I restarted at Level 1 for a challenge and did the 30 days. I am slowly working through Ripped in 30 Now and have a bunch of her other DVDs. If you have a lot of weight to lose it doesn't always do much to the number on the scale but it does take off inches so you should take your measurements at the beginning and at the end of the 30 days and halfway through if you are getting discouraged. You do get toned and I have seem amazing results. I was over 200 the first time I did it like I said it did not accelerate weight lose but did take off inches.
  • Alm1055
    Alm1055 Posts: 26
    Options
    All of her videos are fantastic! I finshed the Shred and lost about 8lbs when I was finished and 18.5 inches from my whole body! I did some of her other videos too I highly recommend Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Extream Shed and Shred. I started p90x and I am down 11lbs and see a huge difference! Good Luck everyone!
  • Angelap1121
    Options
    You will cuss and want to throw something at your TV. I personally have to take rest days, but I'm 16 days in and already on level three. But I hate it during the 27 minutes and then about 40 minutes after I'm so happy I got through it. Highly recommend, but if you have really bad knees there is quite a bit of jumping and it can make it worse.
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    I bought it on Amazon, with shipping it costs 10,50 euro's so not a lot, even if I'm going to use it as a beercoaster if I'm out of motivation :laugh:
    Hoping to give you guys a real succes story after I used the program!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've completed the 30 Day Shred, and it's great--I lost 4-5 lbs throughout the month. However, I would not recommend doing it every day. It stresses your knees and your back, among other things. Perhaps mix it in with your regular cardio? Personally it was a good tool to teach me more about strength training. I hope you love it as much as I did! Good luck!
  • dreambig81
    dreambig81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hiya Im in Holland too! Ordered the DVD off Amazon should arrive next week :)
  • funnyfitguy
    Options
    :happy:
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    I'm a bit used to strength training, Ive been doing Bodypump since 6 years or so, with 2 6 month breaks because of pregnancy and recovery. Got the email from Amazon, it's shipped!
  • samanthaalgar27
    samanthaalgar27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh 131lb & it killed my knees....i think i have very weak joints....it is a great DVD though & i'd recommend it :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!