Couch to 5K anyone???

Options

Replies

• JyJyReyes
    JyJyReyes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am dong it. Just did day one On Wednesday. I had actually completed the entire program July of last year. I tore my ACL playing Volleyball in July and had surgery in September. Good luck! It's a great program, it works.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I have attempted W1D1. I believe, after reading all of the positive feedback, that I'll begin, again, on Monday. : ))
  • angienbecker
    angienbecker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just finished it yesterday and it was an amazing journey! I couldn't run up my driveway 9 weeks ago! I didn't think big girls could run and i didn't know i could sweat from my ears! I am going to continue pushing myself now on the speed/Distancce! :) Good luck!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2... doing Day 2 tonight! I'm hoping to become one of those people that love running, LOL! Feel free to add me! :)

Erin
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    Im on week 3 anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am doing Couch to 10 K :) feel free to add me :)
  • christyjg
    christyjg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5. Took me a couple weeks to get past week 4 and it looks like I might hang out at week 5 for an extra week. But I have come a LONG way since week 1!
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 day 1. but my 5 k is in two weeks. I think I will dowell though! add me if you like...anyone!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was actually going to ask something about this. I'd like to do it, but I don't have an app friendly device. Any tips on how to keep track of when to walk/run? Seems like it would be a pain to keep checking your watch and keeping track of how much time has gone by for each set.

I found an ap for the iphone for the couch to 5k....its great
  • bjmmcw98
    bjmmcw98 Posts: 42
    Options
    I am on W2D2 tonight. You can add me if you would like. I also have a fb fitness page at https://www.facebook.com/Thatsreallyyou if you wanna join me there. :)
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am on wk3 day2. I have done this once before and it was great....I became lazy and its been a year since I have done a 5k. so I am starting over. Love to join.
    I have signed up for a 5k on April 28th to keep myself focused.
  • bjmmcw98
    bjmmcw98 Posts: 42
    Options
    I keep wondering if I will ever be one of those people who "LOVE" to run. :)
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday! Keep going, all of you can do this!
  • mjimenez1451
    mjimenez1451 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this as well, but at a extended pace? I found it online. Mainly for people that are overweight and don't exercise often. Starts out by walking the first month and gradually putting in the run. I'm on week 2. So far so good! Keep it up!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I finished week 2 today and will be starting week 3 this Sunday. I love it so far! I'm actually looking forward to running. When I run outside, I use the NHS podcasts and they're pretty good.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Me too! Although I have been recycling week 5 day 1 for a while until I can get my heart rate down a bit. I don't want to jump up to 8 minutes when I'm already 20 beats above my max..
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I was actually going to ask something about this. I'd like to do it, but I don't have an app friendly device. Any tips on how to keep track of when to walk/run? Seems like it would be a pain to keep checking your watch and keeping track of how much time has gone by for each set.

Does this have an interval type timer or how do you guys time it?
  • Lance_K
    Lance_K Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I just wanted to let you know that there is a group for C25K where we support each other and are able to get advice, etc. in case anyone wants to join.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Does this have an interval type timer or how do you guys time it?

The app tells you when to run, then when to walk etc. If you don't have a smart phone (like me), you can download podcasts for your MP3 player if you have one of those, which do the same thing. If not, you might have to use a stopwatch.