Pole Dancing

Anyone doing this for exercise? Classes just opened up in my area and I'm REALLY excited to start!!
(Starting March 5th, after I get back into my routine since vacation and I get rid of this awful cold)
I have done strip tease for fitness before, but this looks a little harder with the pole and all.
How was your experience and how did you log it as an exercise? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sassynsweet2014
    sassynsweet2014 Posts: 34 Member
    I did both a floor/chair class and a pole class. I found that the floor/chair class was more cardio, while the pole class was almost more like strength training, but that was before I started MFP so I didn't have to worry about logging it. I'm curious what others say. I do know that it was probably one of the most fun classes I ever took and a whole lot harder then it looks!!

Alix
  • christyjg
    christyjg Posts: 2 Member
    I've been doing it for about 2 months and I LOVE it! It is a fantastic exercise. My classes seem to vary each time I go. Sometimes it's more of the footwork and transitions which I log as dance. Other times its more strength training spinning around the pole and holding on for dear life. Then I use calisthenics. I've seen some people use gymnastics and that seems appropriate as well.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Did you guys find it to be a good calorie blaster?
  • sassynsweet2014
    sassynsweet2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Yes, it was definitely a good calorie blaster, of course it also depended on the instructor and how hard she worked us!
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    I'm obsessed with pole dancing. I highly recommend doing a series though because it's really fun to watch you strength build so quickly & be able to do the fancier tricks.

I honestly find pole dancing to be more anaerobic but depending on the class you could get more of a cardio workout. At my studio we also have non-pole dance classes that are crazy high cardio so give everything a try.
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    I have my first class tonight! Am pumped & nervous at the same time.

I don't want to be the only 35 year old who's still 170 pounds!!!

But, I know no other form of exercise is going to tone my stomach like this is!!!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    My city is too lame to offer pole dancing. :frown:
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    lol...I can't wait. As I said, I'm really nervous.

I don't know anyone there & that will put me WAY outside my comfort zones.

But, am so sick of missing out on things because of my fears!!!