PLATEAU!!! HELP!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• angmul
    angmul Posts: 2
    Options
    Make sure you get enough water, too. That is always my problem, and when I drink more, I lose.
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    I didnt look at your diary yet but do you track your sodium? Try to keep it at 1500 per day. I've plateaued several times when my sodium was too high no matter how much water I drank!
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    change up what you are eating. Up your protein, and really really watch your sodium intake. Drink loads of water....at least that's what someone told me to do after my 4 week plateau. I lost over 2 lbs this week, so for me it worked!
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    One thing that i did that really helped me move the scale is to be more precise on my portions. i bought a biggest loser food scale and i measure everything...it seems like a pain but if you measure everything in the morning and have it all portioned out for the whole day its not too bad. On walmart.com a scale is around $20...not too bad...trying to find one in a store is a pain and you will end up paying way more for it. Thats what really helped me, but muscle does weigh more than fat so you could very well be gaining muscle....did you try to measure to see if you lost inches? Hope that was helpful.
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    I didnt look at your diary yet but do you track your sodium? Try to keep it at 1500 per day. I've plateaued several times when my sodium was too high no matter how much water I drank!

Wow really? I have not kept track with that...I'm all about these damn calories....LOL now i know, Thank you for that.:happy:
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    One thing that i did that really helped me move the scale is to be more precise on my portions. i bought a biggest loser food scale and i measure everything...it seems like a pain but if you measure everything in the morning and have it all portioned out for the whole day its not too bad. On walmart.com a scale is around $20...not too bad...trying to find one in a store is a pain and you will end up paying way more for it. Thats what really helped me, but muscle does weigh more than fat so you could very well be gaining muscle....did you try to measure to see if you lost inches? Hope that was helpful.

Thank You that was super helpful! I don't measure too much i just use my eyeballs....LOL It's the cook in me, by taste, by smell etc. But i may invest in a food scale. Appreciate it! :happy:
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    [/quote]

Wow really? I have not kept track with that...I'm all about these damn calories....LOL now i know, Thank you for that.:happy:
    [/quote]

Its about your macronutrients too...carbs, sodium, fat, sugar, etc. Keep in mind that what works for me could be totally different for you but trial and error on your sodium and find what fits you best. Remember, the more clean eating (fresh fruits and veggies) you do, the less sodium.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be eat more, but it's hard to tell without being anle to see your diary. Same type of thing happened to me, then I started eating more. :smile:
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    Make sure you get enough water, too. That is always my problem, and when I drink more, I lose.

My water is staring at me telling me to drink and i'm like "i'm okay".....LOL i will tank it now as we type....LOL :laugh: