What a difference 90 days can make!

Options
Today I am very proud to say that I have logged in MFP for 90 days straight days. This journey started a couple of days after Thanksgiving, when I got on the scale for the first time in at least 6 months. I discovered that in that, over the course of about a year, I had gained almost 40 pounds. Why? I can intellectualize a lot of things that contributed to it: a couple of very hard, really emotional decisions made earlier in the year, stress, etc. But, when I saw the number on the scale, I knew that if I didn't change something right then and there (at the beginning of the holiday season), I would enter the new year with another 15 pounds to lose.

So, I got back on MFP. I started by enlisting the support of my partner, who is an incredibly talented woman who is an absolutely amazing cook. We devised a plan: Eat less calories than we were, make good food choices, be mindful of what we put in our mouth, and log in MFP every day.

Here's my results to date:

dawncloseup46b-2.jpg

I definitely still have a long way to go. But NEVER did I imagine that I could lose 46 pounds in 90 days. Despite having a long way to go, I am super motivated by both the change in the numbers on the scale as well as a slew of NSV's. The biggest, and maybe most important NSV, is that my relationship with food has changed. Instead of just picking up something along the way, I think first. Is this worth it? Why am I about to eat this? This is the change that I think will lead to a lasting weight loss.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight lost really fast, and you can see it in your face, too! Great job!
  • racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! I am hoping to be headed in that direction. I have made the decision to change my life and eat healthier and lose weight. Thanks for sharing ur story. It's inspiring. :bigsmile:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Way to go!
    Hope to have as great results as you after 90 days!
  • IndyTexas
    IndyTexas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • karen0080
    Options
    Awesome....
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job :flowerforyou:
  • christinerush
    Options
    Wow, good on you! Top effort and very inspiring!:smile:
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look fab!!!
  • Volleyballgal
    Volleyballgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY AWESOME! I just got done telling someone that it's better not to look at the whole weightloss picture. For instance, when I first started, I had 80 pounds to lose. Instead of looking at the whole 80, I just looked on 5-pound increments. Same is true for logging into MFP and setting 90-day goals! Congrats. And here's to the next 90!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job with impressive results! You look great!
  • lunarastro
    lunarastro Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job- I still cant believe how much you have lost so quickly! Love ya babe!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Keep up the great work!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring to me....I want to lose at least 40 more pounds before the Middle of July...
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. You can do it.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    That's great results! How did you do it? How many calories per day and how much exercise and what?
  • 19Tammy63
    Options
    Keep up the GREAT Progress! On those days when you feel a little weak, come back and read these comments of encouragement. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • sailorgrad
    Options
    That's great results! How did you do it? How many calories per day and how much exercise and what?

Keep in mind that I am starting from a really high point, and need to lose a lot of weight to get even close to my ideal body weight. I went with the recommendation from MFP of a target of 1800 calories to start. In the first days, that is about where I was. But, as I got in the swing of things, I found myself not hitting that. Usually I am around 1600 calories per day. As I lost weight (at about 25 lost or so), I found myself starting to walk more. While I'm not yet scheduling time to exercise, I am finding myself mindful of parking a little further away from the door, not avoiding taking the stairs, and making it a point to do more active things every day. That's it. I am going to start making walking a part of my daily routine for now. Not sure what other exercise I'll add as I go. Right now, it's one day at a time, one meal at a time! And I feel great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!