Kinda nice being single lol

Options

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Awesome.

I went to my first concert by myself. I have to admit, I felt weird doing it, but it was my favorite band, Foo Fighters. How can you not go to a Foo Fighters concert? Anyway, I'll go to more now. It was nice. And, what was funny, is the two people on either side of me at the concert were there by themselves too. HA!

one day I will be so bold! I have my children full time (widowed)... my me time comes when I have a run/walk event and I relish that time!!! ipod and sunshine, I'm set to go!!!
  • renny_xoxo
    Options
    Single is fun as long as you have people to flirt with lol well at least for me <3
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.....re: going to things alone.

That took a while.......but I do it all the time now. Especially parties or events, where there will be lots of people. I usually run into someone I know, or I make NEW friends (I'm very outgoing ;)

I'm wanting to challenge myself in a new, scary way......by flying alone. My niece is getting married in Cali, and I would like to go to her wedding..........few in the family can afford to go, so I'm thinking of going alone. It scares the hell out of me, and I might chicken out.......but will attempt to at least begin a plan!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Single = More $$ for yourself on Valentines Day.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.....re: going to things alone.

That took a while.......but I do it all the time now. Especially parties or events, where there will be lots of people. I usually run into someone I know, or I make NEW friends (I'm very outgoing ;)

I'm wanting to challenge myself in a new, scary way......by flying alone. My niece is getting married in Cali, and I would like to go to her wedding..........few in the family can afford to go, so I'm thinking of going alone. It scares the hell out of me, and I might chicken out.......but will attempt to at least begin a plan!

You can do it :) I've been wanting to do that myself. I always tend to stress more with having to keep track of another person.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Recently single after SIX years and I am LOVING it.

:)

Being single has been good to me :tongue:
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I agree. I went through a little phase where I felt sorry for myself.. now I feel like I'm on top of the world being single!

I do miss the intimacy with someone but in time that will come. For now, it's all about ME. I do as I please, I come home at 5am if I want. I spend the night at friends house whenever I want. I go running and then go shopping after. I buy groceries just for me, to my liking. I jam out when I'm cooking to whatever music I want. I go on dates and talk on the phone at 4 a.m if I want with someone who's had 5 beers.. (:wink: , :wink: )

It's pretty awesome!!!

THIS!!!! Girl I am sooo about this right now!!!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Its not a bad thing at all. I adjusted rather well after my divorce. sometimes now i think hmm, could i stand to live with someone again. I kind of like doing what i want when i want, without worrying about having to get home for this or that. so i say its a good thing at least for now.
  • Bikini27
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Awesome.

I went to my first concert by myself. I have to admit, I felt weird doing it, but it was my favorite band, Foo Fighters. How can you not go to a Foo Fighters concert? Anyway, I'll go to more now. It was nice. And, what was funny, is the two people on either side of me at the concert were there by themselves too. HA!

Yep!! I spent the majority of my birthday alone and went to see movies I wanted to see without feeling like I needed to provide entertainment for them and make sure they're enjoying themselves. The stigma attached to being alone is silly.
  • Kimberly602
    Options
    I was single for the past 7 years and that's when I gained all my weight. My boyfriend now is very motivating. He's very active and I'm so thankful for him. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have this new lifestyle :o)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Who needs a boyfriend or husband when I have two doggies that love me?

My divorce is final in 40ish days and I can't wait. Although I've been separated since November.

I do love my space! I do with my time as I please, spend my money as I please, eat what I want, and there ain't **** anyone can say about it..

:smokin: :drinker:
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Being single is great because you have all the time in the world to devote to yourself. It's the only time in your life you can truly be selfish.

Treasure it before it's gone. I know I made the most of my single years.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    After a long-term relationship came to an end early last year, I spend a few months feeling sorry for myself.

Then I got on MFP, started tracking food and working out and once the weight started dropping I was even MORE motivated and I wanted ALL of my free time to work out and work on me. I was quite happy being single and wanted no one to interfere, so to speak.

Now it's 2012 and I'm in a completely different mindset. I'm still working on me, but I am more than ready to share my life with someone wonderful. :heart:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    nope! :) i'm a 2nd year college student and have dated a couple times my whole life...the longest being 1 1/2 months. i enjoy it too much! :)
  • Bikini27
    Options
    Its not a bad thing at all. I adjusted rather well after my divorce. sometimes now i think hmm, could i stand to live with someone again. I kind of like doing what i want when i want, without worrying about having to get home for this or that. so i say its a good thing at least for now.

Yep. It helps that my mother and aunt are very independent women, they have set the bar for me and shown me that divorce does not mean the end of the world, even if it feels like it sometimes.

All I have to say, is that the man is gonna have to be freaking darn amazing to get me off the market.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying being single as well. I hope to get back with my ex SO, but I'm not rushing anything, and neither is he. I also am enjoying not having a roommate (literally a bed-mate) anymore when a friend moved out in January. It's allowed me to focus more on myself, eating better, and exercising more (plus a hell-of a lot less drama...). I do miss having the companionship/intimacy that comes with a relationship, but friendship is filling the void at the moment.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I realized after reading an article in the latest issue of Psychology Today that I am TOTALLY at peace with being single. As a matter of fact, I prefer it! I am going to grow old with my pets...ahhhh freedom.
  • ashli_rose
    Options
    As horrible as this sounds, ive actually enjoyed being single for the last two months, been able to get more work done, been able to exercise more, and just been an all around happier person lately. Is this such a bad thing?

I hope not because I'm the same way!! It's refreshing to be single :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Ive been single since 2005- and my life has just taken off. I have so much happening in my world compared to people that I know who are constantly looking for THE ONE or who have had to put their whole lives on teh backburner to care for a husband and children.

I love that its ok for a single person to be selfish and put themselves first. It feels good to feel whole and undamaged and not constantly getting over a broken heart.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Awesome.

This just inspired me and I bought ONE ticket for ME to go see The Toadies!! YAY!!! I can't wait.