Gave up Bread for Lent

Options
WhitneyT586
WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
So far, so good. But I'm getting really tired of salads for lunch. I've been eating raw veggies with turkey/ham and cheese rollups, but that too is getting old fast.

Any ideas for lunches around 400-500 calories that will satisfy but do not contain any form of bread, bun, roll, or biscuit??

Replies

• mfpdannimac
    Options
    More potatoes, rice, chickpeas and beans
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I gave up bread too, I've been eating corn tortillas to satisfy that craving. Only 110 calories for two....so I made a healthier version of chicken flautas. Four flautas is only 387 calories....
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I always cook large quantities of healthy foods over the weekend and freeze them for lunches. Yesterday I had brown rice, chicken breast, pepper strips. I microwaved it and then mixed a wedge of laughing cow cheese in it while it was still hot so it was melted. The day before I had leftover homemade chicken soup.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Feel free to browse my lunches.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I just use my same sammich stuff and roll it in a lettuce leaf instead. That way you still can have your sammy and then stick to no bread. We have an awesome sub place where I live that actually will make your order this way. They call it an unwich and it is super good and almost all are less than 200 cals and 8 carbs.
  • BrilliantSugar
    Options
    I just seen the topic title and had to say... YOU ARE MY HERO!
    ...oh if I could give up bread for forty days!
  • ksunshine91
    ksunshine91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gave it up too! It's be rough but I feel so much less bloated already!
    I've been adding some quinoa and beans to my lunches. Good luck!
  • BrilliantSugar
    Options
    Ummm... I haven't had bread today so maybe I could make it a no bread March. This could be really hard!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    baked tilapia fillet with lemon juice,pepper and salt and 1tbsp butter 100 cal... you can eat it with rice 3/4 cup 110 calories and throw in some veggies on the side!!:)
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    Stir-fry.
    Sweet potato and grilled chicken.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I gave up bread and cheese. Not a massive bread eater anyway so not to hard and I can go home for lunch so its easy for me to cook something. The cheese though that is a different story, very hard to stick to.
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I gave it up too and miss it! I am feeling 100% less bloated and crappy all day though...
    I have been making stews and chills on the weekend with beans and bison or chicken and freeze them so I can have an easy lunch everyday. Good luck!