Anybody juicing?

Options
I just watched the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". The long term juicing success was inspiring so I got out my Champion Juicer (yes I have a Champion juicer and I wasn't using it!) and have begun to juice and eat more raw fruits and vegetables. Finally, some weight is coming off! I look forward to feeling better, having energy and slimming down. Anyone have any experiences with juicing to share?

Replies

• mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Why would you juice the fruits and vegetables rather than just eating them?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Why would you juice the fruits and vegetables rather than just eating them?

This. Juicing fruits and veggies is an easier way to consume them, but you're also not getting most of the nutritional benefit of actually eating fruits and veggies!

But to each their own, I say.
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great way to detox and get a lot of nutrients in your system. I would however, advise getting a good protein source in your diet as well to prevent muscle loss. Good luck with your 2012 goals!
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    Still looking for people who are or have juiced to share their experiences with me. I'm losing weight. I actually feel lighter. I know I am getting a fantastic concentration of micro-nutrients. I have a protein shake once of twice a day and I'm drinking myself to the best health and weight I can be. Anyone else?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I tried juicing, but the damn thing got all jammed up on a chicken bone.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great way to detox ..........

Sorry, the word "detox" drives me insane.

What, specifically do you mean by it? Are you suggesting that drinking juice will do something that your kidneys and liver can't?
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i was juicing for about a month. only for breakfast and ate lightly at lunch and dinner. But i stopped beacuse i felt so bloated for days!! (and yes i was going regularly to the bathroom) but i kinda felt miserable. I was juicing carrots, cucumbers, red apples, zuchini, and celey. But thats just me, everyone reacts differently. good luck!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about steroids
  • wanda007
    wanda007 Posts: 16
    Options

LMAO!!
  • calcrunch
    calcrunch Posts: 18
    Options
    I thought this thread was about steroids

pfff 2nd that.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

You're only supposed to juice boneless meat
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options

Boneless free-range chickens.
    They're easier to catch, too.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Boneless free-range chickens.
    They're easier to catch, too.

I think raising chickens without bones is mean
  • Holly_nats
    Options
    I juice regularly and my motivation for juicing was because I hate eating raw vegetables but I'll drink them with some ginger. I do add raw vegan protein powder to get my protein count up. As a general rule I drink one 12oz glass everyday with different combinations of vegetables. I keep my fruit juice to a minimum and try to stick with green and red veggies. I love beets they are my favorite. I never saw the movie you referenced but I heard a lot about it. Juicing has helped me to actually acquire a taste for eating vegetables I wouldn't have tried a few years ago. The only draw back to juicing is you're missing the fiber, but you can always add a bit of the fiber back into your drink.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    To anyone who is thinking about juicing, be sure to to proper PCT.
  • sarawoertink
    sarawoertink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I watched that movie! My husband attempted it, but failed after one day. If you can do, that is fantastic! It takes a lot of self control, but the results seem to be amazing. I personally did not even attempt it because I knew I would not last. :happy:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    dat dere celltech > veggies in a blender :laugh:
  • calcrunch
    calcrunch Posts: 18
    Options
    To anyone who is thinking about juicing, be sure to to proper PCT.

hahahah no doubt. Keep those gains!

PCT = Proper cleaning technique for your juicer right, yeahhh
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it, but I just watched that movie last night and thought it was very interesting. Especially about the lady that was able to get rid of migraines.... I would probably try it just for that reason if I was still having issues with chronic migraines.

Good luck! So glad it is working for you! :smile:
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Loved that show. I am currently not juicing but I do it in the summer and this is the only way I like carrots really oranges and carrots are my favorite. my youngest son even liked the apple juice said it was better then store bought juice.