Will this be different?

Options
So, this is my second day with this site. I'm just wandering to myself if it will be any different from everything else I've tried. I've been successful in weight loss before but it's also when I had one job and pretty much nothing else going on. Now I have a full time job (with a 2.5 hour commute daily), a full time course load of school work, volunteer work, as well as an active social life. Planning time and exercise time are minimal so I'm just hoping for some encouragement and motivation to keep going even when my 12 hour work day is over to stick to the plan!

Replies

• Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You will only be as successful as you want to be. Joining this site is not enough to lose weight, you will have to dedicate yourself and work at it, but if you do that - you WILL succeed. Go into this with an I can do it attitude, and you will. You have a great support system here to help you along the way.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I myself do think its different, i joined other sites and ive found with having an easy mobile app it makes tracking a cinch.
    Not only that but ive found everyone on this site to be super helpful and motivating,
  • ElieceGriffin
    Options
    I hope this will be different, however you have to make time to get this done. This is my first day and I'm excited also a bit nervous. I know after 2 weeks I will loose the excitment but this time I hope not to completely drift off.. So if this is important to US, we can make it happen... Stay focused, plan short and long term goals and once you've accomplished your goals it will become easier and easier... I'm talking to myself also. BEST WISHES, AND YOU GOT THIS....:happy:
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You will only be as successful as you want to be. Joining this site is not enough to lose weight, you will have to dedicate yourself and work at it, but if you do that - you WILL succeed. Go into this with an I can do it attitude, and you will. You have a great support system here to help you along the way.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know what else you have tried but it will work if you work it. You have to make time for your self if this is important to you. Try not to look at it as a diet (I hate that word) and maybe a job or a life style change. I had to make time to exercise and meal/snack plan. I made changes that I can stick to so I don't feel like this is temporary at all. YOu can friend me if you'd like and I'll do my best to be encouraging and motivating.
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i wont lie, it's going to be tough with such a busy schedule but it will just take some planning - make the most of your desire to win now and plan a weeks menus so you know what your doing is right and all you have to do is stick with it. if you want help and incuragement friend me. you can do it... we all can really x
  • ElieceGriffin
    Options
    How did you do today so far?
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If you don't make the commitment to yourself then MFP can't help you. Actually nothing can. When you are ready to commit MFP will be here. While you have a long work day, why not workout during your lunch break 2-3 days a week for 30 mins? You can pre-plan your meals once a week or maybe even once a month. Then workout for 30 mins in between studying and your social life during the weekend. The time is there if you are willing to commit!
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It will work if YOU make! Be mindful of what you're putting in your mouth. You CAN do this...some days you will fail, some you will triumph and maybe even surprise yourself ...what matters is that you keep trying.

You'll never regret working out. Even you don't have motivation just do anything for 5 minutes After 5 mins you'll either keep going or atleast have done something for 5 mins.

Good luck!
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Well, I am using MFP since October and I LOVE it!!!
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    All I know is that I've tried other tracking sites before, and could never stick with it for longer than a few weeks...With MFP I've only missed maybe 2-3 days since November. It becomes addictive I find. Also, since you're so busy you may be happy to know that a lot of people on here lose weight without doing a ton of exercise in the beginning. I don't always get as much in as I'd like to every week, but I'm still losing consistently. If you come here with a good attitude, PATIENCE, and motivation, then it'll work.
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You have to log in everyday, and be honest! Also there is no point in guessing your portion sizes. I have digitial kitchen scales - cheap and spoon and cup measurements. Without them I would either underestimate or overestimate what for example100g actually looks like. I can 100% guarantee a weight loss every week because I know I'm eating exactly the amount of calories I have logged. When I go over, I know I won't have lost anything - simples!