MOSTLY great numbers for my blood work... in 2 months

Options
Well, great for ME..... This shows a taste of what can be done in as little as two months, and it could have been better had I been more stringent on what I ate and adding more exercise. Still in 2 months, here are my numbers....

Triglycerides have gone down from 672 to 313
Bad cholesterol dropped to 126.... was over 200
Good cholesterol is 36.... forget what it was
A1C went from 10.3 to 8.3

My blood sugar was still too high, and I forget the numbers, but it went down. I am diabetic. But they are high because I am eating more fruit than I should.... HOWEVER, IMO, I'll take that for now as you can see the other results of just two months of changing my diet, and adding exercise.

Replies

• jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic, great effort.
    It's such a thrill to see the numbers go down. Keep it up
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great work. Exercise and weight loss, what great medication!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg....yeah Im diabetic tp just cut fruit and exchange them for veggies and never have fruit juice....grapes are pretty bad for you too you shuld only have like 8-15 per day grapes have high sugar...as your weight goes down you can increase the fruit back but for now keep it to bananas
  • helenjn
    helenjn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As a nurse, I say well done! Keep going! This should inspire many others too :D
  • fishgoddess
    Options
    That's awesome! I hope I have results like that. I have some time to go though, I just started on here on Monday. Congrats on your numbers!!!!
  • mapdixon
    mapdixon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Thanks for posting this as it is inspiration for me to keep on my journey. After my Dr. visit last week, I have learned that I am pre-diabetic, so I am really trying to get myself focused on my eating and exercise. Wondering sometime if I can really do it and by reading this, I know that I can!!!!! (So Can you.) Just imagine what those numbers will look like 6 months from now! Keep It UP!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Good job.
    I was taken off the last of my diabetes medication at my last doctor's appointment, so, you see, great strides can be made.
    Keep up the good work.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Way to go PAPA3X! Pretty soon you will be down to PAPA2X!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Great news! Here's to a healthier, happier Papa3x!
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Thank you folks.... still a lot of work to do, but it is nice to see the positives.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good job Papa3x. Keep up the good work.
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the fabulous work Chuck!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey that is GREAT!! I too just got good test results back, similar to yours!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/507949-nsv-from-my-doctor
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Just think of how much money you will save and how much better you will feel on down the line. You have done great things in these 2 months. Keep it up.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great going, Chuck! I know you're excited (I got similar good news a couple of weeks ago). Take that excitement and let it feed your resolve. It's the best way to keep the good vibes flowing.

Ken
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! You must be so ready to keep going. Thanks for posting!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I also had 2 month success, going from a fasting Blood Sugar of 156 to 106 in two months. Triglycerides dropped from 171 to 105, Total Chol. at 156 from 198, bad @ 91, Good @ 48. Not bad for two months A1C @ 5.7.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!