Chic Fil a Grilled Nuggets

Options
Does this sounds right that 12 grilled nuggets would have 50 grams of protein?
That seems pretty high and put me way over my protein count for the day by around 21 grams.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Yes, a 6 ct order is about 25g protein and 110 calories, it's basically just grilled chicken and I eat and log grilled chicken all the time, so that's about right for the protein vs. calories of grilled chicken.

Don't worry about being 'over' on your protein, that's just a default setting which you can actually change yourself if you'd like your diary to look better with more protein. LOL You can go to 'my home' then 'goals' then 'change goals' then choose the 'custom' option, and you can change the percentage that is split between carbs/fat/protein to give more to the protein category if you'd like. :-)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Since you already ate them, it really doesn't matter, unless you have a time machine
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    They dont have grilled nuggets here. I would so get those.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    They dont have grilled nuggets here. I would so get those.

Yes they do, they're new. They're on the menu as part of the new kids-meal options but you can get them separately as well.
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    Oh yes, and they are really good!
    Thanks for the info on changing percentages. What do you recommend? I definetly eat more protein than carbs and it drives me crazy to see if off balance :)
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    OOOoo I can't wait to try them.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Oh yes, and they are really good!
    Thanks for the info on changing percentages. What do you recommend? I definetly eat more protein than carbs and it drives me crazy to see if off balance :)

Some people do a 40/40/30 and like it. Honestly I haven't really messed with mine, I just ignore the red number and eat my 100g protein every day. LOL :-)
  • tklacik
    tklacik Posts: 2
    Options
    I had no idea they had grilled nuggets! It that everywhere?
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    They have grilled nuggets here but only in the kids meal. I don't see them on the regular menu. I wonder if I ask about it I can buy them separately. Of course I would have to be disciplined and not get fries on the side :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    They have grilled nuggets here but only in the kids meal. I don't see them on the regular menu. I wonder if I ask about it I can buy them separately. Of course I would have to be disciplined and not get fries on the side :)

Or you could order the kids meal with the fruit cup. :-)
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    They are not on the menu everywhere but they will make them for you if you ask. They just grill them the same way they grill the chicken for sandwiches and salads. They are really tasty. And yes, you can get them in the adult meals also! :)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Or you could order the kids meal with the fruit cup. :-)

I actually thought about that too.