Options
    dat dere celltech > veggies in a blender :laugh:

+1

lmao
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    There are 2 things that "juicing" may refer to
    1. juicing fruits and vegetables and using that as your main source of nutrition (typically shortly after watching Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead)
    2. taking steroids

Both are frowned upon. But one of them may actually do something for you...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've watched this movie and while it's nice to see them doing better losing weight...the approach they are using is highly unnecessary. What they did is nothing that cannot be done with real food.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Milkshakes are juice, right?
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    *checks* I'm not juicing right now, no.
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing one of the reboot programs where you combine juicing and food, with 5 days of juicing only. I normally dislike the "fads" but I believe in this. Juicing has been around for a long time, I remember juicing with my parents. Then after doing a reboot just incorporating it into my daily life.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about steroids

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • killagb
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing one of the reboot programs where you combine juicing and food, with 5 days of juicing only. I normally dislike the "fads" but I believe in this. Juicing has been around for a long time, I remember juicing with my parents. Then after doing a reboot just incorporating it into my daily life.
    We aren't computers. We do not need rebooting. Do you have a blue screen error or something?
    BSOD_2.gif
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    We aren't computers. We do not need rebooting. Do you have a blue screen error or something?
    BSOD_2.gif

Good one. Almost googled what rebooting is for non-computer stuff.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    We aren't computers.
    speak for yourself buddy
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I bought a juicer, but was not pleased about the amount of food that was being wasted in the pulp container. So now I am using a blender for my fruit and vegetable smoothies so I don't have to throw out so much good food.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yes, me! I watched the movie and got a juicer and started getting most of my nutrients from juice. I did not have a plan for how long I would do this. Now I am thinking, always! I am eating more food now than I did at first, but my cravings and hunger are gone. When I do eat food it is fantastic to have steamed broccoli or sauteed mushrooms or something simple like that. And I truly feel noursihed and surprised at how few calories can provide this feeling. When I have over-eaten it is often in social situations. Now that I have started the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD I have more of an appetite but thankfully it is mostly for real food. Feel free to check out my diary (flaws and all!)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this subject with my buddies Barry Bonds and Jose Canseco. They said they didn't know what I was talking about. And then Mark McGwire came in and punched me in the mouth. WTF?
  • jenny66
    jenny66 Posts: 6
    Options
    I dont only live on juices but use the juicer and/or a blender everyda for either breakfast or for a snack. It is a really good idea. Some of my fav combos for the blender. I use soy milk cos it tastes better blended not cos I dont drink cow milk

two bananas
    one x 2 inch peice of ginger
    cinnamon
    100 ml of soy milk

one mango
    juice of two oranges
    1/3 pineapple peices

5 dates
    2 bananas
    ginger
    100 ml soy milk

Orange ginger carrot( in the juicer not the blender)

Apple mint and lime( in the juicer)

Lots of yummy combos to make and highly recommend for general health and weight loss but would live on juices alone. My philosophy is, if you cant do it long term dont do it. You have teach yourself how to eat properly for life, to have effective long term results, not for just a few weeks.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this subject with my buddies Barry Bonds and Jose Canseco. They said they didn't know what I was talking about. And then Mark McGwire came in and punched me in the mouth. WTF?

You too? Damn Mark McGwire always a hot head. Not sure why.
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    I'm not juicing to lose weight. But I do juice when we're home instead of drinking store bought juice. I only give my daughter milk and water (she's about to turn one) and once I start giving her juice I'm going to give her fruit and vegetable juices! My husband only like the fruit ones.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great way to detox ..........

Sorry, the word "detox" drives me insane.

What, specifically do you mean by it? Are you suggesting that drinking juice will do something that your kidneys and liver can't?

Some of the juices are high in fiber and also have a mild laxative effect. Many are often accompanied with ginger which has an anti-inflammatory effect. This can help you heal an inflamed gut and shed leftover sticky stool that is thought by MD's to be the origin of diverticular disease and mild malabsorption problems.

Some of the juices have a mild diuretic effect and also boost liver and kidney function by giving it the raw materials they need.

All of the juices flood your body with micronutrientes and perhaps also beneficial bacteria in concentrations you simply wouldn't be able to consume in a normal diet. This can help boost deficiencies and improve the normal flora of the gut. All very healthy.

Part of juicing and juice fasting is abstaining from many foods and drink that you may be over-consuming or have a mild intolerance or allergy to (but not realize it). During a juice fast you are maintaining very high quality nutrition while letting these other foods or drink get out of your system. It also tends to reprogram your taste buds and you tend to loose unhealthy cravings and instead crave more healthy, raw, and plant-based foods.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

I believe in unicorns, but that doesn't mean I'll fart rainbows if I stick skittles up my *kitten*.

WTF? Then why do I have these skittles up my butt?
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    *checks* I'm not juicing right now, no.

This is how I know I've succeeded. The juice is a dead giveaway.
  • killagb
    Options

I believe in unicorns, but that doesn't mean I'll fart rainbows if I stick skittles up my *kitten*.

WTF? Then why do I have these skittles up my butt?
    You trying to be a human pinata?