How much weight to lose to drop a pant/dress size?

Options
niqua215
niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
So I was wondering, how much weight did you lose before you dropped a pant size? What was your starting pant/dress size and what size are you now? Starting weight and current weight?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It's different for different people. I started out at 165 and squeezing into a size 17, I think by the time I'd lost 10-15 lbs I was in a size 13, now I'm 125 and comfortably wearing a size 6. I saw the biggest change in size with relation to weightloss (more inches off my body per lb lost) when I started working out with weights and resistance, doing things like squats, lunges, pushups, different ab exercises, etc.
  • niqua215
    Options
    It's different for different people. I started out at 165 and squeezing into a size 17, I think by the time I'd lost 10-15 lbs I was in a size 13, now I'm 125 and comfortably wearing a size 6. I saw the biggest change in size with relation to weightloss (more inches off my body per lb lost) when I started working out with weights and resistance, doing things like squats, lunges, pushups, different ab exercises, etc.

Thanks for sharing. I just started Les Mills Pump this week so hopefully I'll have some good results.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started at 245 and a size 20W. I am 5'5". I am now 173 lbs and squeezing into a size 12 (misses). I lost about 30 lbs before I bought any new pants. I bought size 18 (misses). Hope this gives you an idea.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    i have dropped one clothing size since losing 3lb....but i have really toned and built muscle too.
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I just started Les Mills Pump this week so hopefully I'll have some good results.
    [/quote]

Les Mils Pump? How do you like it so far? I'm on week # 2 right now and I absolutely love it....SO FAR..hehe
  • niqua215
    Options
    les Mills Pump is great! Still on the Pump challenge week 1. I'm using the 10 lb set of weights for legs and 5 lb for triceps and shoulders. Hopefully I'll start seeing some changes in my body after a month or so.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    It is not the same for everyone. Depends on where you are losing your weight first. I have lost 16 pounds and have not gone down a size yet. I think I am losing in my back and chest the most. I wish I were losing in my waist and hips. My clothes do not feel any looser, but I think I can tell mostly in my upper body.
  • a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft tall and have lost 13 lbs

I just bought new jeans... went from size 18 to 16...
  • tkaawa
    Options
    les Mills Pump is great! Still on the Pump challenge week 1. I'm using the 10 lb set of weights for legs and 5 lb for triceps and shoulders. Hopefully I'll start seeing some changes in my body after a month or so.

you will. just keep at. I'm only on week 2 right now, and i feel great..i can't wait to do the workouts..lol
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs but I am still in the same size pants. They are a little lose but not enough to go down a size. I think because I am losing in my face, back and chest first!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Is that an at-home program or a class at a gym? So far I've only been working out at home but I just about have my husband talked into us joining a gym....
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have heard that its about 10 lbs to drop a size. I would say more like 15 or 20. I have lost 16 and not sure if I would buy the next size yet.
  • tkaawa
    Options

Is that an at-home program or a class at a gym? So far I've only been working out at home but I just about have my husband talked into us joining a gym....

it's an at-home program through Beach Body Fitness
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started at 248 lbs wearing a pant size of 24. I have lost 83 lbs, now I weigh 165 and I just bought new pants in a size 16, but I fit into different style (brand) that was a size 14.
  • niqua215
    Options

I do the at home version. It's a Beach Body program. You can go to Lesmills.com to find classes near you. I know the Golds Gym in my area offer the classes.
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have heard that its about 10 lbs to drop a size. I would say more like 15 or 20. I have lost 16 and not sure if I would buy the next size yet.

This is true for me too I have lost 16, and my 16's are a tad too big, but I know I couldnt fit in a 14 yet
  • niqua215
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and wear a size 18. I've lost 15 lbs and my jeans are a little looser in the leg area but still can't go down a pant size. I'm figuring 30 lbs or so?
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much weight you have to lose. For me it is about 10 pounds a dress size. I am 5"8 175, and a size 12. I was this weight before and lost weight all the way down to the low 140's and it was every 10 pounds or so, I would go down a size. I had two kids and now am back here at a 12. I want to get down to a loose 6.

But I gain most my weight in my belly, so that is the first and most significant weight I lose.
  • kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 22 (251 lbs). I have lost 17 pounds and had to buy a new pair of jeans because my old ones got a hole in them. Imagine my surprise when I was able to buy a size 18. They are actually a little loose in the waist but I have to have that size because of my hips.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 7 Arizona jeans at JCP when I was 126# in October. I *gained* about 5 pounds and those size 7 jeans are too big on me so I bought a pair of size 5 Arizona jeans at JCP.

Weight is kind of meaningless. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!