I gave up netflix

Options
I'd rather work out in the evenings now than lay down and watch a move :) I don't think I utilized my netflix membership once in the last month.

I'm proud of me!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    DIARY.gif
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Go girlfriend!! I've noticed we don't use ours much often anymore. I'm always so tired, I go to bed at 9 hahaha.
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    Honestly, there wasn't much I liked on there anyways, it was just an excuse to lay on the couch after the kids went to bed. Now I can do the elliptical instead.
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    DIARY.gif

Are you being a smart *kitten*?
  • cdnmom1
    cdnmom1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I hear ya! Half the time there's gliches on instant streaming, and nintendo, ph. company and netflix all blame it on the other! We don't have cable soo the kids like the cartoons occassionally. Cheers to you on exercising!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I've never used mine excessively, but I have terrible insomnia spells so it's something to pass the time quietly. Several times I've thought of discontinuing the service but then I get a week or two where I can't sleep at night for anything and I end up keeping it.
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! You are a strong woman......But I will never give it up! I use it at work to occupy my time..... I get my $8 a month and then some..... Plus My Pops likes it.....and they actually have a few decent workouts on there....
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I loooooooove Netflix. lol
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am finding myself in a similar position. I am not remotely interested in trying to watch any movies on netflix. The "couch potato" has left the building. Since starting this journey, my new mindset loves seeing the changes my body has been going through with the weight loss and it is directly a result of my increased activity.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    DIARY.gif

Are you being a smart *kitten*?
    Gasp...sarcasm on the internet? Call CNN!
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    people are HILARIOUS!
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow you are brave!! I am still old school and get the disks. I figure I need one vice since I don't have the internet or cable at home. I <3 my netflix! plus I have my queue maxed out (500), so I can't quit now!!
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Your so strong...I freaking love netflix....
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love netflix. I watch an episode or two while working out on my elliptical and it helps the time fly by!
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use mine a lot! There are workout dvds that I like to do. I also use it for when I'm on the elliptical at the school gym. I'm currently working on catching up on How I Met Your Mother. Started watching it when I was recuperating from surgery and now I'm hooked! LOL We definitely get our money's worth!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I would give it up not because it made me lazy (because it didn't...they had some exercise videos on there too that I would borrow) but because I would need the money. I already cut out the 1 dvd out a month. If things get tighter then yeah Ill probably have to put my membership on hold. You could watch netflix whilst on your elliptical. It has a good selection of shows I like so thats my take on it.
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The Canadian version SUCKS
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I love Netflix. The streaming sucks though. I get the DVD's and watch movies all the time. For streaming, I am currently watching Lost. Love it. I could not live without NetFlix because I got rid of Satellite TV because it cost me freaking $100/mo. What a waste. Got rid of that crap, and now I have NetFlix, which is less than $25/mo.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    DIARY.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i agree the streaming sucks. I like their DVD selection but I just leave them around the house and then "force" myself to watch the movie like a month later. and now that they charge for both services, its not worth it to me. i think I'm gonna cancel and start using red box (thats the name, right?)