its stalking me!

Options
So i walk into my mom's house only to be welcomed by a huge bowl of candy, honeybuns, and who knows what else! I literally ran out of the kitchen and into the living room. I'm afraid if i go back in they will all beg me to choose them. Lol i know it sounds ridiculous but it really feels like that! Fighting a sweet tooth is NO fun! ba humbug! Is there any foods or situations that you have like this?

Replies

• Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Does your mom have any apples or bananas or strawberries. Grab some fruit and make the sweets jealous. Works for me.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I try not to run away from food. If I feel like I'm too deprived then I won't stick with things and I'm here for the long haul. So instead, I eat it in moderation and just make sure it fits within my calorie and macros goals for the day.
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I heard this saying on a post before... "You've come too far to take orders from a cookie (read: candy)" you show that bowl of candy who is boss!!
    Although, I agree with dawlschic, moderation is key :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    once you change your eating enough, and for long enough, chances are you won't be so tempted. I only want that kind of stuff once in a while (it usually has something to do with that time of the month) but typically, I don't even want that stuff when it's right in my face.
  • lindsaypyke
    Options
    For the first little while try to find an alernative to the sweets. I have been relying on yoplait yogurt dessert selections. 35 cal, in flavors such as caramel, lemon meringue, chocolate truffle, strawberry, etc. They are probably not the healthiest option but it works for me! When I can't stop thinking about sweets I take one now and stop at one...but if you doubt you can stop at one try a substitute.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Rinse your mouth with mouthwash. That helps me sometimes!
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have this problem with Nutella! If it's in my house, I will eat the entire container in one sitting, no lie! It's awful! I used to be that way with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but they are not considered gluten free so now I don't go there, but Nutella says gluten free right on the jar. Shame on them :o). I used to have a problem when going to my parents house also. They always had chips and dip and chocolate (Reese's). I don't keep that in my house so it wasn't an issue until going over to their house. My dad is now diabetic so it's no longer an issue.

Good luck! It does get easier. Once you start noticing the benefits of not eating sugar you crave it less and less, but like marycmeadows said, for me, the craving is just before mother nature comes knocking! I don't fight it then, just go with it for a few days and then it's gone!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Rinse your mouth with mouthwash. That helps me sometimes!

i do this also!!!! i brush my teeth so i get that taste in my mouth.. does not mix well with yummy foods.