Women ONLY!

Options
what is to be expected when its "that time of the month" in my weight loss will i gain just wondering for future refrences

Replies

• sophielilirose
    Options
    I always find that I either put on a pound or so or stay the same weight, but then the following week I'll loose pretty much double. Its just water retention, which goes, and its always encouraging seeing a nice number on the scales the week after :D! xx
  • JennATC
    JennATC Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm often several pounds heavier during that week. I've also know other women to be 2-10 pounds heavier!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    For ME (things are different for every woman) I either maintain or gain the week leading up to that time, then lose it once that time comes.
  • alyssaxonestel
    Options
    okay awesome thank you just dont wanna be discouraged if i see the number go up !
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    I stay away from the scale during shark week because my weight does go up.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Weight goes up week before 2-4 pounds and also swell up with water. Day after I start it goes right back down!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've seen it go up five pounds. That's probably more than normal though. Don't be discouraged; water weight means nothing! Skip a weigh in if it makes you feel better.
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I usually gain around 5 pounds during that time, but it comes right back off after. Just don't ge upset about it, thats normal. Its not a real weight gain.

Erin
  • addykins1
    addykins1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh 5-8lb more in the few days before, and then it just magically disappears after. I just don't weigh myself around that time anymore
  • melisfit
    melisfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the scale during shark week because my weight does go up.

Shark week, lol, love it:)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself every week- I find it only hinders my motivation if I do, and weighing every other week is like waiting for Christmas :3

I also exercise a lot more on my period, but that's to battle the horrific menstrual cramps.