High protein pancakes

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
These are German "egg pancakes". They were a tradition in my house growing up and I now make them every Sunday for my kids. You can eat them with anything. Favorites at our house are peanut butter, nutella, or my personal favorite, raspberry sauce (just cook frozen raspberries with a little sugar). Syrup works just fine too. We also send these to school cold with the kids as a PB&J wrap.

Just thought people might be interested! This recipe makes about 14 pancakes, which puts them at about 93 calories a piece, when cooked in an 8" frying pan.

Egg Pancakes

1.5 cups of skim milk
9 large eggs
1.5 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat eggs, vanilla, and ½ cup of milk with a whisk. Add in all the flour and whisk until smooth. Then add the remaining 1 cup of milk and whisk until smooth. The batter will be quite thin. Take an 8” or 9” frying pan and spray with an oil mister (oil not accounted for in the calorie calculation since you use so little of it). Pour enough batter to cover the flat part (a little less than 1/4 a cup) - don't make it too thick - you'll likely need to pick the pan up and tilt it to spread the batter around the bottom. When the edges start to brown, flip it. Use a spatula to press it once you flip it and within a few seconds, it will be done (it will 'scream when you do this so it's kind of fun LOL). Top with topping of choice! This recipe makes around 14 pancakes. If you need less than that, do 5 eggs, with ¾ cup flour and milk, ½ tsp of salt and vanilla.

Here's a sample picture:
EggPancakes-S.jpg

Replies