What would you tell your 17 year old self if you had the cha

Options
MaryEffingPoppins
MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
This question just came across my mind. Would your life be any different if you could have given yourself a few pep talks? If you would have maybe listened to your parents more. Maybe appreciated more... What would you tell your 17 year old self if you had the chance?

Replies

• candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your friends now worry about what stupid boys think less u have am amazing man out there for u 4 years in the future and your worth more than you think.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    learn to eat better because that high metabolism will slow down... learn to budget now or you'll learn the hardway
  • MrsAngelique
    MrsAngelique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Stay in school. Work can wait!
  • pinupgirl333
    Options
    Stay away from me ex lol, and watch your drinking
  • Red7Basil
    Red7Basil Posts: 36
    Options
    Take the SAT's seriously.
  • onegoalabs
    Options
    get a Bachelors and Masters in something you like even if its Kinisiology.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Stay in school. Work can wait!

^ THIS!

And there's a guy I wasted way too many years with. I'd warn myself. lol
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Put more effort in to thinking about your future (education wise) I wish I had gone to college but it was hard with my disability and child on the way. When my class graduated I was in the final tri-mester with my son.
  • tasinda_wechange
    Options
    Wait more than act. Listen more than talk. If you feel something in your gut, go with that more often than not. If you are listening to someone and thinking, "They don't make sense," they probably don't. Give people a second chance. Don't give people a third chance.
  • opajee
    opajee Posts: 69
    Options
    Go for it. Dream big! And keep working out and loving yourself.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Stay at home and go to school instead of running off with Mr. Ex.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    getting married 4 days after your 18th birthday was not a cool thing to do ~ the guy was a complete loser!! Stay in school, finish & get your degree. Yes, it really is THAT important, and NO, it would not be the end of the world calling off the wedding the day before!!!! :wink:

Trust in yourself before you place your trust in others!!!!!!!
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Get with the program and lose the weight now while you are young..........not that I am too old to lose the fat, but I hear when you get up there in age it gets harder to lose the weight.......
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your 17 y/o body while u have it and stop obsessing over it to the point of reclusiveness!!!

Youth is truly wasted on the young!!!!
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Stay at home and go to school instead of running off with Mr. Ex.

definitely this!!!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Love yourself first.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    "Go lose weight and get laid god dammit!"
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Keep ya legs shut and lay off the junk food!

I was a bit of a slut back then :ohwell:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    invest in Apple, keep an eye out for Google and for frack sakes finish that History paper early so that when Cherise spends the night while your parents are away and keep coming out to "talk" to you in less and less sleep wear you don't waste the evening on that fracking paper!!!!! .

Other then that I would tell him to work out more, cuz I can kick the crap out of 17 year old me and that is just sad.
  • rbeatty63
    rbeatty63 Posts: 132
    Options
    Ignore your critics. Learn to lead your heart, then follow your dreams. Be kind to everybody (including yourself), you never know how wounded a person may be. Don't go to the watermelon stand ...