Two Months 29 Pounds (Pics)

Options
DLDzioba
DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
I can see a little more difference this time around but It's still hard in day to day life. It doesn't feel like I've lost that much. Gonna struggle with that a long time, I suppose

FrontJan9.jpgMarchFront.jpg

SideJan9.jpgMarchSide.jpg

Replies

• luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    yay you! excellent progress! Keep at it, your hard work is paying off :)
  • Tami113
    Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You may not feel the difference but you certainly can see a difference. Congratulations! Nearly 30 pounds in two months is a lot to lose. Be careful you're not losing too fast.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 29 pounds!!! Good for you! :)
  • tessa022707
    tessa022707 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nicely done...you may not feel it but it can be seen! Keep on keeping' on!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    You are doing great!! It's normal not to see the results in ourself, but I'm sure other people can already tell the difference. Keep up the hard work!!!
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Wow, almost 30 pounds is fantastic!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wow I can definitely tell in the side pics. That is such an awesome accomplishment! 29 pounds is incredible! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can see a difference. Remember slow and steady will win the race, and don't get disocuraged if you don't lose that much every month. It will fluctuate... Stay positive and keep up the GREAT work! :)
  • Haddon2000
    Options
    You look so much healthier. I think you have put 5 years on the end of your life right there. Keep it up. You are an absolute star.
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys. It's easy to get bogged down in the journey sometimes. It's good to get on here and have a breath of fresh air. I know that there can be a huge difference in loss from month to month. I did so well in January (I lost 22 in a month and a week) then February ended up being a little tough, started falling on old very bad habits. I'm working on it, though, and that's the important part. No matter the stress, no matter the frustration as long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other you will find a way through it.
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dude that is great! I can tell alot in your chest and stomach.
  • Paolinat
    Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME for losing 29 pounds! You even did it in 2 months! YOU ROCK!

Sometimes you can see the difference and sometimes you can't. Want to guarantee that you see a difference?

TAKE MEASUREMENTS!

Granted, I take a lot of measurements, but the more changes I see, the more accomplished I feel. Also, I can make sure I am working out my entire body and not zoning in on a few parts. The more body parts you work, the more muscle you make and the more muscle you make, the higher your metabolism and the higher your metabolism, the more fat you lose.

Here are the measurements I follow:

Neck
    Hips
    Belly Button
    Above belly button (smallest part)
    Left Thigh
    Right Thigh
    Left arm
    Right arm
    Bust
    Body Fat % (hydrostatic weighing)

Why measure body fat?
    From personal experience and my blog:

Hydrostatic Weighing: Why numbers on a scales sometimes don't matter

In November 2010, I had my body fat measured by a personal trainer with calipers and she came up with 32% body fat.

The problem with getting tested with calipers is you have the problem of operator error, which can vary greatly, and skin elasticity will also effect results. That is why soon after I had my fat measured by the personal trainer I went to a medical center and had my fat measured using hydrostatic weighing.
    In my case, the personal trainer using the calipers was off by 8% body fat!

There are other methods of testing fat, especially if you don't like being submerged in water. The following site will help you decide which method works for you and is the most accurate: http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwfit/bodycomp.html

I would check with Universities, Medical Centers or do a web search of "Bod Pod" and/or "hydrostatic weighing " to have your fat percentage checked in your area.
    NOW... as per my results, you will see how numbers on a weight scale are not as important as how your clothes fit.
    Also, numbers on a weight scale are not helpful when accessing fitness.
    You will also see that BMI is not very accurate.

On 11/23/2010 and 1/23/2012 I participated in hydrostatic weighing.

On NOVEMBER 23, 2010, my stats:
    BMI = 27.6
    Body Fat = 23.7 %
    Weight = 166
    Lean Body Mass = 127 lbs
    Fat Mass = 39 lbs

On JANUARY 23,2012, my stats:
    BMI = 28.3
    Body Fat = 27.9%
    Weight = 170
    Lean Body Mass = 123 lbs
    Fat Mass = 47 lbs
    HOLY SMOKES! DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?!?!?!

I currently weigh only 4 lbs more than what I weighed in Nov 23, 2010.

HOWEVER, I lost 4 lbs of Lean Body Mass and gained 8 lbs of FAT!

I was wondering why my clothes still did not fit. It is because I gained fat and lost muscle.
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great work on losing the pounds. I can see a difference in the before and after pics. Don't be discouraged by how slow it feels, you are rockin it. I've got a ways to go myself, and it's easy to get overwhelmed. I keep telling myself to just take it a day a time and keep doing what you are doing! It's working!!! :)
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    You are AWESOME for losing 29 pounds! You even did it in 2 months! YOU ROCK!

Sometimes you can see the difference and sometimes you can't. Want to guarantee that you see a difference?

TAKE MEASUREMENTS!

Granted, I take a lot of measurements, but the more changes I see, the more accomplished I feel. Also, I can make sure I am working out my entire body and not zoning in on a few parts. The more body parts you work, the more muscle you make and the more muscle you make, the higher your metabolism and the higher your metabolism, the more fat you lose.

Here are the measurements I follow:

Neck
    Hips
    Belly Button
    Above belly button (smallest part)
    Left Thigh
    Right Thigh
    Left arm
    Right arm
    Bust
    Body Fat % (hydrostatic weighing)

Why measure body fat?
    From personal experience and my blog:

Hydrostatic Weighing: Why numbers on a scales sometimes don't matter

In November 2010, I had my body fat measured by a personal trainer with calipers and she came up with 32% body fat.

The problem with getting tested with calipers is you have the problem of operator error, which can vary greatly, and skin elasticity will also effect results. That is why soon after I had my fat measured by the personal trainer I went to a medical center and had my fat measured using hydrostatic weighing.
    In my case, the personal trainer using the calipers was off by 8% body fat!

There are other methods of testing fat, especially if you don't like being submerged in water. The following site will help you decide which method works for you and is the most accurate: http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwfit/bodycomp.html

I would check with Universities, Medical Centers or do a web search of "Bod Pod" and/or "hydrostatic weighing " to have your fat percentage checked in your area.
    NOW... as per my results, you will see how numbers on a weight scale are not as important as how your clothes fit.
    Also, numbers on a weight scale are not helpful when accessing fitness.
    You will also see that BMI is not very accurate.

On 11/23/2010 and 1/23/2012 I participated in hydrostatic weighing.

On NOVEMBER 23, 2010, my stats:
    BMI = 27.6
    Body Fat = 23.7 %
    Weight = 166
    Lean Body Mass = 127 lbs
    Fat Mass = 39 lbs

On JANUARY 23,2012, my stats:
    BMI = 28.3
    Body Fat = 27.9%
    Weight = 170
    Lean Body Mass = 123 lbs
    Fat Mass = 47 lbs
    HOLY SMOKES! DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?!?!?!

I currently weigh only 4 lbs more than what I weighed in Nov 23, 2010.

HOWEVER, I lost 4 lbs of Lean Body Mass and gained 8 lbs of FAT!

I was wondering why my clothes still did not fit. It is because I gained fat and lost muscle.

I have been measuring though not as much as you. I do Neck, bust, waist, and hips. I was thinking about adding thighs in too because I'm about to start the 30 day shred and my friend is seeing more progress in inches than in pounds with it.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You can see the difference! 29# in 2 months!!! Yea!!!
  • strawberrylooker
    strawberrylooker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are you saying! You really can see a difference! Just think how much difference again another 29lbs will make. You're going to have a fab summer!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am like you, it is hard for me to see any progress! I can definitely feel it in my clothes. I can see the difference in parts of my body but not as a whole! It's DEFINITELY frustrating but keep on going! You're doing something right!!!!

I agree that you should take all of your measurements. I wish I would have 25 lbs ago then I could actually see how I have changed since. My sister took my measurements last weekend and I will measure again at the end of March :)

Keep on!
  • ShelleK
    ShelleK Posts: 1
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference! You look like a smaller person all around. Great job! I know it's hard, and instead of thinking about what you'll look like 'some day', just think about how much better you feel RIGHT NOW! Thirty pounds makes a big difference; if you want to know how much, try carrying around two 15-pound hand-weights today... you'll see! :smile: :smile:
  • Porcelain1981
    Porcelain1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!

Do measure more (your thighs, arms, bust, hips etc)

If you're strugging to see the difference for yourself (and there is, what you've done is huge) when you photograph your self, try doing it against something that will help give you perspective. You've got a great option between your bed and the wall, just makr the spot you have to stand at so it's the same every time (and don't use any zoom on the camera). You should be able to see the difference in the negative space between you and the bed / wall.

Or to try and make yourself a bit more objective you could try turning the photo's into negatives with:
    http://www.freephotoeffects.net/effect.2.negative-image.html

Here's your before & current
    1330691341138.jpg1330691304235.jpg
    (if they disappear apologies, not sure how long they keep them up)

Or, you get someone to draw around your body on a wall. I wouldn't do this too often, but over significant periods to time (like 3 months), this could be a great visual aid for you.

Good luck!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it, though, and that's the important part. No matter the stress, no matter the frustration as long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other you will find a way through it.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I know it gets discouraging, the day-in and day-out of always having to watch what you eat, and you don't see the results from day to day But it is SOOOO worth it! Keep your eyes on the prize (your health). Don't sacrifice what you want the most for what you want at the moment!

Love ya girl, you are doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!