What is your morning breakfast routine?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    On weekdays I've usually consumed about 275 calories by the afternoon, drunk 3 glasses of water, and burned around 100 through exercise.

I wake up around 6:30, and after getting dressed, etc I take the dogs on a 10-minute walk.
    While the dogs are eating I prep my lunch. Usually by then my girlfriend has made us protein shakes (whey powder blended with fresh fruit) that I drink.

I have a one-mile commute to work, which I either walk or bike. Once I get to work I drink a glass of water and have a cup of black coffee.

Mid-morning, around 9:30-10:30, I'll have a snack. Typically it's fat free yogurt with fresh berries and cinnamon (with another glass of water) or sometime I do oatmeal. Sometimes I'm too busy or not hungry enough for the snack, in which case I'll eat lunch earlier. If I eat the snack I can usually put off lunch until 1 or 2.

Weekends are a lot less structured-- unless we do a special dedicated breakfast I usually don't eat anything. Most Saturdays and Sundays the dogs get a longer walk and I'm more active in general.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty flexible routine. If the baby and I are staying home, I sleep until she wakes up (anywhere from 5:30-9:00...usually about 7 though). We get up, I change her nighttime diaper, and make her something for breakfast. I turn on my computer, she plays for a while and sometimes lets me get on the computer. If not, I play with her. Anywhere from 9-11 (depends on what time she woke up), I put her down for a nap. Sometimes I nap with her (if I didn't get much sleep), and sometimes I hop on the computer and either study or waste time. She gets up, I give her a snack. I usually weigh myself on the Wii at around noonish. After I weigh, I start drinking water, I eat my first meal anywhere between 1 and 3.

If we are going to my cousin's house, I wake up at 4:30 with my husband, get dressed, wake the baby at 5:25, get her dressed, we all leave the house at 5:30, drop off my husband at work, go to my cousin's house, feed my daughter then let the babies play for a while, then we take them swimming, go out to eat somewhere, go get frozen custard, go back to her house and let them play until 3, I leave with the baby to go get my husband, and then we go home.

I work out after 5 usually unless it's my husband's day off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Easy for me....................I skip breakfast 6 days a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    - 7 20 am wake up with alarm, 7 30 am get my 5 and 7 year old up, get their bkfast, get them dressed, etc
    -8 20 send them to school
    -8 25 start routine w my 17 month old, bkfast, play time.
    -10 am make myself egg white sandwich and eat it as fast as i can and play w baby
    -11 am get baby ready for nap then its my time to unwind.
  • tessa022707
    tessa022707 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 5:15 ....
    Work out clothes on....
    Fill water bottle! Grab IPad and hit the elliptical for 40 minutes....
    Into kitchen, make coffee....
    Upstairs to shower....
    Dress for work and downstairs by 6:40...
    Curl up in red chair with coffee and NY Times....
    Into kitchen by 7 to make lunch to take to work...
    Another cup of coffee and bran muffin....
    Out the door by 7:20
    Greek yogurt at 9:00 at work....
    Wow, did not realize how regimented I am!
  • LonnieMyrons
    Options
    Breakfast:

One scrambled egg + 1 egg white
    One serving Natures Path Organic Oatmeal (fave is the Optimum w/ cinamon-blueberry- flaxseed)
    1/2 grapefruit
    4-8oz silk vanilla soymilk (I like a splash on my oatmeal)
    Blueberry-Green Tea

Supplements:

Reviva high potency liquid multi
    2 Omega 3 fish oil softgels
    Joint Juice citrus glucosamine

This is a great breakfast and its easy and fast to make. Keeps my metabolism going and I can run on this for several hours if need be.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Get up.

3x8mg Ephedrine
    1x200mg Caffeine

1/3-1/2C oatmeal about 20-60mins later. Whey/Banana/PB optional.

That's about it.
  • raekaekelly
    Options
    I keep it easy! :)

I have my Shakeology in the mornings. Usually with strawberries blended in! I usually make it extra thick and take it with me to work. Keeps me full and satisfied for about 4 hours! Love that stuff :)
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    lately, it has been about 16oz of water when I get up then a make veggie juice or i have a couple celery stalks with raw almond butter and raisins with a cup of herbal tea
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I work midnights, so its not morning for me..
    But at around 4pm I wake up and oil pull for 20min. while cleaning or getting food ready for work
    then I brush teeth & do whatever p90x2 workout I have for the day, anywhere from 50-75min.
    After workout I generally eat greek yogurt with natural PB, honey, berries, and kashi granola
    I take liquid b12, fish oil, and a nexium.
    Then I shower and am ready for my day/night!