eating deliema

Options

Replies

• tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel my mind is more hungry. Even if i don't feel hungry(doesn't know how it look to be true) I just go and eat.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Veggies, protein and fiber, and of course, lots of water, lol.
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    THAT is called BOREDOM!! :yawn:
  • tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    oh wow didnt realized that. may be it is.but i have enough in my plate. I am working mom with overly helpful mother in law.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds crazy, but I would make sure you're getting enough fat in your diet. Fat sends a signal to your brain to let you know you're full. Obviously, too much fat isn't good, but some good, healthy fats may be just what you need!

fat doesn't make you fat, excess cals from any macronutrient does :)

SO I agree with you. Protein, fibre, water, fibrous veggies. And stop using quick added cals :)
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Well, I rarely do this because it's such a controversial subject but I suggest cutting down on the carbs. Just give it a try. If I ate as many carbs as you are, I'd be starving. Some of us have metabolic problems with carbs. Vegetable-based carbs are great. I'm talking grains and starches. I'd try cutting in half the carbs and see if that makes a difference. Fill in the difference with proteins and healthy fats.
  • sunkissedbrunettte
    Options
    Protein is your best friend!! Anything with high protein...eggs..cottage cheese..high protein cereal...cheese ...chicken and fish..etc
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too! I drink a lot of water but it seems to only make me have to pee! :o) I need to change something or I am going to eat my right arm off! Lol

sounds like you need to up your calories a bit
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Protein is your best friend!! Anything with high protein...eggs..cottage cheese..high protein cereal...cheese ...chicken and fish..etc

i agree:bigsmile:
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Protein curbs my appetite, too. Skim milk covers the water and the protein. A glass before a meal helps you stop eating when you're full.

I love fresh vegetables to fill me up, too. I eat sweet red bell peppers like apples. I have the bags of frozen chopped broccoli florets and microwave 2 cups then add 2 Tbsp Chinese hot dumpling sauce -- yum! Lots of volume but very few calories.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I used to feel like this... my strategy was to take a quart bag of cut up veggies seasoned with "bacon salt" to work + a zone perfect bar and 4 oz of lunch meat. If I eat all that and still need a snack, I get a bag of baked lays.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Bread doesn't fill me up. Protein and fat fill me up.

I could eat a dozen pieces of bread but one fried egg on a piece of toast and I'm good to go for breakfast.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Eat healthy, stay away from sweets!! And eat breakfast, dinner, supper and little snacks between :) Make sure to have big salads with ur meals :D If u can conquer this, ur set! My problem is starting on the sweets, and bread, then bingeing! And usually at night, which then sets me up for another binge the next day, and the next day and so on so forth LOL until I finally screw my head back on straight and buckle down and eat healthy and how I should!! I think of food 24/7 also! But it does help once u get on a role of eating right and healthy.
  • LoveAngie23
    Options
    Protein, fiber and water are all helpful, but cutting down on the sugars is HUGE!!! I am way more hungry when I eat high sugary things. You may need to adjust your goal percentages for protein, carbs and fats and make sure sugar is on your "watch" list. Find what works for you. It can be done without being hungry, but the adjustment is rough. Good luck and know that I'm pulling for ya. :)

completely agree. I have terrible cravings if I eat much sugar.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That used to happen to me! Especially when I started using MFP. I suggest drinking water or chewing a piece of gum. Both of those help me! (Not gonna lie at first I thought I was pregnant.. I felt like I was starving and wanted to eat everything in sight. lol)
  • GardenKat99
    Options
    Eating breakfast- especially a balanced one will help. If you skip or go light on breakfast (just coffee and toast for example) then your body is going to try to catch up the rest of the day to fulfill the nutrients missed after a mini fast (ideally 7-8 hrs of sleep). Are you getting enough sleep and managing stress?
    Mindful eating topics are fantastic if you find yourself preoccupied with food often. Hope this helps!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Do you cook all your food at home? I notice now that I make all my meals that I don't have those cravings I used to.

Also, try incorporating more veggies, fruits, beans, oatmeal, salads, and organic bread. Fill yourself up on everything that is low calorie. Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, oranges, apples.

And don't forget your protein. Tuna, turkey, black beans, egg whites. Those are my favs.

:)
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds crazy, but I would make sure you're getting enough fat in your diet. Fat sends a signal to your brain to let you know you're full. Obviously, too much fat isn't good, but some good, healthy fats may be just what you need!
    this. Im a huge fan of avocado.
  • JamieO14
    JamieO14 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just my Idea/Opinion

Let me know what you all think. Cheers

Fat Burning Through Strength Training! – Meal Guide
    Having a strength training meal plan is vital to your fat loss success. Cardio and weights are only two components of a solid fat loss routine. Having a well crafted meal plan is just as important (if not MORE important) than anything else. Eating has become a major complication for most people.
    We simply forgot how much and when to fuel our bodies. In keeping with the spirit of this site… let’s keep this page about your strength training meal plan simple. Simple yields action. Complex instructions lead to frustration. So let’s talk about nutrition using very basic facts.
    Your strength training meal plan must include protein, carbs and fats.
    Here are the facts:
    1. You need to eat every 2-3 hours in order for your blood sugar levels to stay even.
    2. You must eat within an hour after waking up in the morning. This jump starts your metabolism for the day.
    3. You need to eat at least 5-6 times per day. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack, bedtime.
    4. Each meal should include one protein and one carb. The protein should be lean and the carb should be complex.
    5. You need to eat the proper amount of calories per day for your goal. If you barely eat or if you get around 1200 calories or less per day, then you are most likely sabotaging your fat loss.
    Your strength training meal plan should be built upon those basic nutrition facts. I do not recommend spending all day counting calories. However, I do recommend taking a few days and logging everything down.
    If your goal is fat loss, then subtract 350-500 calories from that number. Most people will select sedentary or lightly active as their Activity Level. If you have a construction job or are an athlete then you can select a higher level. In the end, your strength training meal plan must include the proper amount of calories for your goal. Eating more will cause weight gain. Eating less could destroy your metabolism and cause gluconeogenesis to occur (eating your muscles for fuel).
    Since each meal should be one protein and one carb, I thought I would provide a few examples.
    Examples (Protein-Carb):
    • Chicken on Top of Green Salad
    • Egg Whites and Oatmeal
    • Cottage Cheese with Berries
    • Tempeh with Brown Rice
    • Salmon with Steamed Cauliflower
    • Honey Glazed Turkey with a Sweet Potato
    Do you see how each meal has one protein and one carb? For the most part your strength training meal plan can include lots of veggies. Limit the fruit to 1-2 servings per day and try to eat them in the beginning of the day. If you eat meat, keep the protein sources lean (chicken, salmon, turkey, etc) and not fatty (sausage, pork, bacon, etc). If you are a vegetarian you should eat leafy green veggies, beans, tofu, tempeh, soy, cottage cheese, etc for as your protein source.
    Before your workout eat a protein/carb meal. Some people can eat 30 minutes before working out and others need to eat 1 1/2 hours before working out. Find what works for you. But definitely eat before working out.
    After your workout, be sure to re-fuel the body with another protein/carb meal within 30-60 minutes after you finish. A protein drink is a favorite after a workout.
    I recommend keeping protein drinks and protein bars to a minimum in your strength training meal plan. You can have them, but nothing replaces good, fresh, whole foods. Nothing. If you use a protein powder or bar be sure it has low carbs and low sugar. Some bars claim to be healthy, but are nothing more than sugar sticks with protein mixed inside.
  • nikolabird
    nikolabird Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am the same and constantly think about what my next meal is going to be and will I be able to have any snacks today.
    I eat plenty if fruit and veg, wholemeal everything and drink lots of water.
    I pretty much always eat back my excerise calories.
    Before I started using MFP I had quite big portion sizes (the same or more than my other half). Im just hoping my stomach shrinks soon or else I will go mad.
    So glad I am not alone in feeling this.
    Hope you find the answer and if so please can you share it with me lol.

Good luck