Mom's with small kids.... need motivation and support

Options
2»

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

I also meant to say: I am 29 years old and I have two kids, Anna Grace, who is 4 years old and Jacob, who will be 2 in 4 days. They keep me on the go and very busy.
  • ssvoboda2
    ssvoboda2 Posts: 14
    Options
    Here are a couple topic ideas: Maybe we could post a topic every few days to give everyone time to respond (since we are all busy :) ).

-->Low Carb snack ideas (I am a carb LOVER) this is by far my downfall.
    -->Healthy Meal ideas (family friendly of course)
    -->Fun veggie ideas (my kids hate veggies therefore they are lacking in my own diet)
    -->Great sources of Protien for the family on the go

Any other ideas?
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Okay I just came across this so I thought I would share it! It made me smile.....

Ellen Degeneres
    You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I hope everyone is off to a good start. I know I am most motivated in the morning. Just wondering if everyone wants to post there favourite healthy snack...... I'm looking to change it up a little.

My fav would be 2 rice cakes with tbsp of peanut butter and the kids LOVE it..... BUT you can only eat so much of it :smile:

Can't wait to hear what everyone's idea's are

Happy Friday
    Here is my newest fav:
    Cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits and string cheese

For 6 Triscuits and one string cheese its 190 calories, 20 carbs, 9g fat, and 9g protein. That with about 20 oz of water and I'm feeling VERY satisfied and its full of flavor!!!