diet drinks

Options
how many is safe to drink? For example, i love diet coke or cola zero. How many should i drink?

Replies

• KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the equivalent of a 2 liter of diet sunkist per day and had a personal trainer tell me to cut out soda all together. Needless to say, that didn't work but I've at least tried to cut down so now I've tried to make it a habit of not having more than 3 cans per day.
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke, but it was the dentist telling me that she could see the enamel on my teeth being weakened from drinking too much that made me cut down drastically!
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've actually given them up entirely. There's so much junk in them and stuff, plus, now that I'm not drinking diet coke or pop in general, I feel so much more better. :) So long as you cut down as much as you feel comfortable with, then that's great! :) You'll feel a difference.
  • longhop
    longhop Posts: 35
    Options
    My Personal Trainer has told me to cut out diet coke! Didnt ask the details why but he said it really affects weight lost. I get told off everytime he sees it in my diary!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Up until mid-January this year I drank 2 litres of 7up free every day. I switched to water now and I feel so much better. My tummy is less bloated and my skin is better.

I can't answer your question on how much is okay to drink a day, sorry.

Just wanted to say if I could give it up, anyone can. I was so addicted.
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking about 300ml per day for a year with no ill effects so far. I reckon that's a reasonable amount to drink.
  • Kattaway
    Kattaway Posts: 61
    Options
    I am an avid diet coke drinker and for years it was 70% of all I drank. I am lucky in the way that it does not affect my weight loss progress nor does it trigger cravings. But as one person mentioned it DOES wear down the enamel on your teeth (its very acidic) and the fact that water is good for the skin made me make some changes. I still drink diet coke but when I am working (work nights in the ER) I only drink water/crystal light. I drink 2-3 cans still a day though (it wasnt unheard of for me to drink 6-8 a day! )
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    To be honest drink as little as physically possible! Even though it doesn't have calories per se, it has a whole load of artifical sweeteners and other chemicals which make it harder to lose weight! My trainer and I spent a good few week trying to wean me of it when I hit a plateau! I did work although there were other changes I made too.

Overall, limit yourself to the minimum you can!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Drink as much as you want if you don't have a concern with the artificial sweeteners. Sure it's not the best thing in the world for you to drink but it has not been proven to affect weight loss in anyway. It can hurt the enamel on your teeth so drink it with a straw!
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Im on day 9 of no pop what so ever, never felt better, and really the cravings are gone. I used to drink 1 -20oz bottle a day of caffeine free diet coke. I drink a lot more water now and yes my kin is looking better then ever. Good luck on your choice!
  • stormtracker1
    Options
    The less, the better
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i dont think it is particularly detrimental to weight loss in any way because on my food lists from my dietician it was one of the free foods (foods/drinks i could have as much as i like of in a day) obviously dont over do it but enjoy it :D
  • MillySylvie
    Options
    Hi all
    I used to drink about a litre of diet coke a day and had done for about 25 years! but a recent study indicated a high level of stroke and heart attacks for people who drank a lot of diet drinks, here's a link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46431225/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/daily-diet-soda-tied-heart-attack-stroke/#.T1DFlIc2-So

don't mean to frighten anyone but I've really cut down since!
  • LKHyundia
    Options
    Can you tell me of any other free foods. I know dill pickles are 0 calories but that all I know of.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I usually get a drink at lunch, it's either diet oasis or diet coke..!
    Today I decided to opt for water :D!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I allow myself three a day, anything else soda like has to be Clear America flavor waters. They have carbonation but no calories, sodium or anything else, but they're way better then flavored seltzer water. I thought they were the same and they are not.
  • zipperhead76
    zipperhead76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Get rid of soda all together, and you'll feel better, and it will help with weight loss.
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    One 12 oz. can a week as a treat.

@LKHyundia Dill pickles aren't exactly zero and most are filled with sodium.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    So - those of you who don't drink soda, what do you drink? I get tired of water all the time. I need something with flavor...
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I drink diet dr. thunder. some days I have none qand others I might have 2 cups. I drink tea mostly. I did knock it out completely for a few days and just wanted soda even more. :D