Looking for friends 100+ pounds to lose

Options
I have gone around and around with this weight loss thing. I have figured out things that work and don't work for me. I have now officially logged into MFP for 10 days in a row. I have lost five pounds. I am eating right and feeling better. I have over 200 pounds to lose. So definitely a long way to go.

I would love to find some friends and support, as well as offering both to others. I am trying to find some people with the same goals as I have (a large amount of weight to lose vs. a few pounds).

I'm a 35 year old single mom of three. I'm pretty blunt and vocal, love meeting new friends. I'm in college for Computer and Information Technology. I graduate with my two year in May and I want to be healthier when I walk across the stage.

I know I have a long way to go. I didn't get this way overnight. Maybe when I get my four year degree I can do it at my goal weight.

Please feel free to friend me on here, as well as on Facebook. I spend a bit more time over there but I do both. Thank you for reading this. :)

https://www.facebook.com/ceismomma

Replies

• klcook26
    klcook26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I started I had 104 to lose. I am now at 35 left. I am struggling and it has taken me 5 years of ups and downs. I would love to chat and help each other. I may not have 100 + right now but I did at one time.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    You can add me.

I have 147 to lose and I am a single mom, 1 boy pretty much raised ...although some days...lol

I love computers and my son is going into that field.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    oh yeh...KL...you are totally AMAZING!!!!!!! What a wonderful example for me!
  • reen1012
    reen1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. I would love to join a group of people that have some real weight to lose. My goal is 100-120lbs. I have been up and down and up and down for years. I know I feel much better when eating right - so why is it so easy to go back to bad habits and feel crappy again? Don't know - but would like support along the way from other who struggle too!

I am a Pediatric nurse and work nights - sometimes that can be helpful and other times not so much. I greatly enjoy my job. I have 3 kids and a new boyfriend who is absolutely wonderful.

My goals besides the better eating is to get out there and be more active - has been a very stressful last 3 yrs with husband leaving me to be gay and the divorce that turned out nasty - I think I ate some of my stress - and it found my hips!!! I am on to bigger and better and certainly loving life. The new beau loves outdoors and is a great fisherman so am hoping the outdoor activities come easily.

Any encouragement or goals you may need - I am willing to support as best I can! Take care and good luck peeps!!!
  • angelajmrn
    angelajmrn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I too would love to join your little group. I am 41, married, with 2 growing boys (15-12). I have at least 100 pounds to loose. I have been lurking around here for about 2 months now. I am down 2 but would love for that to be a little better. I haven't really found anyone that I connect with on these message boards to get some real support from.

I am an ER nurse that works both days and nights. I flip flop back and forth and it does not make weight loss easy at all. My sleep schedule is thrown off too much. Please feel free to friend me too.

Thanks,

Angela
  • 01ddm
    01ddm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello I would love to join your group. I'm over 90kg or 200 lb and have a long way to go. I'm at a slight stand still at the moment as I need to reorganize myself. My eldest boy started school and my little one has not coped with the separation. I never realized the change would be so big. But a couple of months ago I promised myself I would move forward and that's just what I will do. So I need help and I'm really wanting to give it back.

Hope to hear from you.
    D
  • reen1012
    Options
    Hello people - is anyone on here any more. I took a little break - was not a good break. Gained some weight back but back on the right road again. Once again eating my stress. boyfriend left, other issues, finances, life.... Needing to find strength in myself not others. Bigger and better goals - just being stronger.
    How about the rest of ya how is life going? Are you keeping on the weight loss path or does life interfer with you too. Or am I just a sap and need to learn to suck it up!!
    Praying for all of ya - we can DO this!!!
    Maureen
  • MzVonda
    MzVonda Posts: 87
    Options
    If anyone would like to connect I would love to be pals! I have about 75 to 80 lbs left to lose after losing 50lbs since Jan of this year....I know I have a lot to go but I would love to add pals that wouldn't mind sharing tips and support.....We also have support group on Facebook if anyone would like to connect there as well!! You can find us on facebook.com at Team High School Skinny!!!!
  • patltrimble
    Options
    I would love to join you "Big Girls" here. I will be celebrating my 65th Birthday this week & found myself weighing the most I have ever weighed. Thanks to my grandaughter she steered me to this site and I've found just being accountable helps. I know I will need all the help I can get. I'm willing to inspire you guys!
  • reen1012
    Options
    If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine!!
  • patltrimble
    Options
    Looking for a friend. I just turned 65 & found I weigh more than I ever have in my life! I have had some bad expierences in the last 8 years, haven't we all? But now I am divorced & in my 3rd year of college working on a psychology degree, I found myself thinking my weight is one of the last challanges I want to tackle.I can only imagine how it will improve my self esteem! Know I do lots of stress eating but since I started here a short time ago, have been very aware of what I eat! I know group support works. I have seen it work in many situations I have been in. So I'd like to add you to my friends list. Know 2 is better than one at this game! Guess I need to put my statistics: Beginning weight: 245
    Current weight : 245
    Goal Weight: 145 last time I weighed this I was in High school & was considered FAT!
    Occupation 3rd year Psy student Have been very sedendary!