Stuck in a rut, needing a vent

Options
This process is too slow, its really getting me down. Even when i see the scales move, my body isn't changing shape. i still have a giant belly. My measurements are all over the shop. My fiance can't see changes either and he thinks i am not trying. Im not happy with my body and i know he isn't either, but he'd never say it directly. He gently suggests little things I can do to get better success, but really I wish he wouldn't. He on the other hand is having great success. I haven't been logging lately because i have been really depressed about it all.

Replies

• sharfran
    sharfran Posts: 1
    Options
    I have found that strength training helps the body get it's curves while cardio only slims us down. Try doing both.
  • Colleen268
    Colleen268 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer of men and women were created equal.....BUT, not when it comes to weight loss. It has taken me since the beginning of December to lose 8 lbs. I know deep down inside I could be trying harder. Weight loss......slow and steady wins the race. You have to make it a change in lifestyle, not a diet. Maybe you should also get your thyroid checked, I just found out mine was slow, which was contributing to a sluggish metabolism. I know you are feeling depressed.......exercise is one of the best ways to fight it. You can do this!!! Just stop comparing yourself and competing with a man, they just burn alot faster than we do. Hang in there. We can do this. I have my ups and downs. Feel free to friend request me. I log in EVERYTHING!!!!! Sometimes its actually comical. The great part about life is you get a fresh start every morning!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You need to start logging again. I guarantee you that you're eating more than you think you are (or you're eating too few calories). There are very few people on here who follow the MFP advice to the letter and still don't lose weight. If you're consuming more calories, you need to be more active. You can't know how many calories you're eating so you will know how many to burn if you don't count them and log your exercise.

And what's the rush?
    262285_2166534718577_1102922983_32558787_3048041_n.jpg

270745_2166534318567_1102922983_32558785_2951358_n.jpg
  • FlexAppeal79
    FlexAppeal79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ^^What they said.....The ONLY way to attain body recomposition is to LIFT.:smile:
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! You can do this! My husband has lost 20 lbs to my 12 since January and it makes me mad! But we are different and lose differently. Cardio + weight training + healthy eating are the only way to do this! And definitely log your food so you can see what you are doing. It takes TIME....if you do these things it WILL happen! Feel free to friend me and we can keep each other motivated!

I also use a free website called Hasfit for some videos that I can do at home. No more excuses about weather or the cost of the gym, etc. All the videos are FREE! I love it! I'm currently doing the 30 day challenge they have posted.