Favourite way to cook aspargus?

Options
SnazzyTraveller
SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
I need ideas! Preferably your favourite healthy way to cook it, or dishes that include it.

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Roasted at about 400 with garlic and a light sprinkle of sea salt. Only takes about 5 mins and it's delicious.
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Roasted at about 400 with garlic and a light sprinkle of sea salt. Only takes about 5 mins and it's delicious.

I agree! I usually roast them with garlic, caraway seeds and a tiny drizzle of balsamic vinegar
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Drizzle of olive oil, mybe some sea salt... put on pan in oven @ 350 for about 6-8 min..... also do it on the grill, on foil... I LOVE ASPARAGUS!!!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Grilled! with a little olive oil drizzled on top & some sea salt & pepper. I put in the grill pan - so good!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I drizzle with olive oil, put a lid on the pan and cook it on med heat until it's starting to get flimsy, then I cut up small peices of ham, and sprinkle it all with garlic powder. :heart: :heart: Did this last night!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Roasted with a little oilive oil and balsamic vinegar! Delish!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Favorite is grilled with EVOO and sea salt, but a quick steam is good too. If you steam it, it only takes like 3 minutes. It should be bright green, if it goes to yellow green its over cooked. If I steam it I try to serve it with a light sauce. My kids like to dip it in honey mustard or italian dressing, and if that makes kids eat asparagus, I'm all for it.
  • pabocat
    pabocat Posts: 10
    Options
    I have the best way to cook aspargus.Its fast and yummie.Take your aspargus snap of ends(bend and you will know how much to take off.Spray a baking pan with olive oil no stick spray and sprinkle with low salt lemmon pepper.A fee drops of lemmon juice.Toss all together with a little olive oil,Then grate some lemon zest on top.Bake at 350 for untill done.Serve with some fresh parmesean on top.YUM YUM:smile::smile:
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to roast it on a cookie sheet with drizzled evoo and a little salt and pepper. I've also heard of people adding parmesan cheese, the grated kind.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Grill it! With a little evoo and salt and pepper. Yummy!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I Roast it in the Oven with olive oil, fresh garlic ,lemon, salt & pepper
  • glory2Him
    glory2Him Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Grilled with olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh garlic and fresh-homemade hollandaise sauce on top
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    To keep the cals really low, I spray the Emeril Lagasse butter spray on the asparagus (no cals) and add garlic and lemon juice.
    bake 350 for 10-15 minutes,
    yummy
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I let it marinate in a little light italian and then grill it.
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    On the grill wrapped in tin foil. With EVOO and Balsamic vinegar.
  • TheDrBuchanan
    TheDrBuchanan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Toss with some EVOO and a little garlic salt. Broil 5-8 min. Sprinkle with some crumbled blue cheese and pine nuts. My fav veggie!!