Feeling Drained, now what?

Options
When you all started your journey - did some days your body just feel drained? I only worked out the the PT for 15 mins Wednesday and I'm still feeling it. Then I did Zumba for an hour yesterday. I just dont think I have any strength left to do much today. Anyone else like that? Should I take the day off and maybe just go for a walk or something? What do you do on these days or do you just take the day off? How many days do you take off a week? (So far I have Tuesday off)

Replies

• jessann87
    jessann87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel drained alot recently. I probably have to many days off some weeks, but I find that if I am already drained in the morning I put my planned exercise of the day into my fitness pal so I can't take it back and I have to do it. Most days it works! :)
  • kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do what's going to help you stay committed to the journey.

We all have days where we need a break from whatever we're doing - school, work, etc. So if you're drained and need to recharge the batteries take a day off. It's one day in your life. That said, just don't start making excuses and stop the fitness journey all together. But certainly, if you're drained and you want to take a day off do it.

Otherwise, if you want to keep it going switch up the routine. Shorten the duration. Play around with it and fight through it.

Either approach is acceptable. Find what works for you.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I felt drained when I wasn't eating enough calories. I feel MUCH better now that I eat 1400-1500 cal daily plus exercise. Also, not drinking enough water will do that. I hope you feel better soon :)
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Totals 1,448 173 58 58 2,411 20
    Your Daily Goal 2,991 412 100 112 2,500 34
    Remaining 1,543 239 42 54 89 14
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber

thats my totals from yesterday so It is possible that I just didnt eat enough to counter the zumba class last night. I'm going to try to make my boot camp class tonight. But like you said if I cant do everything in the class I can always switch it up a bit.
  • jenn5686
    jenn5686 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always try to listen to my body. I've worked out a lot most of my life (despite a couple of several month long lazy patches) and absolutely have days where I just feel drained. On those days I either do something low intensity, or skip it. As long as you have the mentality that exercise is a way of life, taking a day or two off is no biggie :) I once had a week where I was just feeling run down and came home and went to bed every night at 7:30pm. It happens.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I definetly feel drained, exhausted and b*+chy when I don't eat enough.

I " aim" for 1200 + exercise, but if I don't exercise, I still eat more than 1200.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    There are days I am drained and I push myself to workout and feel absolutely wonderful. And there are days I am drained and workout and feel awful. (Like yesterday. Really bad - physically/mentally just beat up) Fortunately, most times I feel great after working out. I'm still trying to figure out what are the truly drained days!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Totals 1,448
    Your Daily Goal 2,991

If you are accurately measuring your exercise calories burned, then clearly you are not eating enough.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I usually take one rest day each week, but occasionally just feel drained and figure I need to take one more. And I'm ok with that - two days off a week is not going to set me back! The body needs time to rest and repair muscles. :) And as others have said, make sure you're eating enough - the body needs fuel!