I'm not new but I'm starting anew........

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
So I have been here 6 months and I was doing great that is until I was involved in a wreck that wasn't my fault, the wreck happened on May 29, 2009 and ever since then I have been doing horrible with my eating, not exercising and I have gained 6 pounds of my weight back, but managed to lose 3 of it back. I don't want to go back to 292 pounds, I have worked too hard to get to where I am now but I can't seem to get back to doing what I am susposed to be doing. I have no motivation to exercise and I seem to not care about what I eat. I know what I am susposed to be doing but I don't do it. Well, I made up my mind that I am NOT going to let this thing defeat me and that I WILL DO THIS. I need some support and motivation, and that is why I am glad that I have never stopped logging my food (no matter what I ate), or that I haven't stopped posting. Sorry this is long and thanks for reading. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your wreck however, it's great that you have re-established your determined attitude! You have come too far to go back now, 44 lb loss is awesome so just look at that number anytime you get discouraged! I sincerely wish you much success on your renewed journey :happy:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you for always logging everything. That is something that I don't do. It is too easy to give yourself permission to cheat when you are not logging. You have done awesome things. Remember that this is a journey and we discover a lot about ourselves along the way. Congratulations on what you have done so far--don't give up, you and your family are worth the effort!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • golddogs
    golddogs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of friends and support here. Think about how far you have come. Don't give up. Think about your goals...you can do it!!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]228879.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Laura;

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

I know you can do this, I know you have help.
    I am counting on you. You wouldn't let a slightly chubby older lady down would you?
    We all suffer bouts of the "ho hum, why bother?' Some days I have to force myself to workout and others I just can't wait to start. Being in a wreck even one without major injuries can really set you back. Find your joy again and you will be OK.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your wreck however, it's great that you have re-established your determined attitude! You have come too far to go back now, 44 lb loss is awesome so just look at that number anytime you get discouraged! I sincerely wish you much success on your renewed journey :happy:

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about you ever since you posted about the wreck, and even checked your profile page earlier this week to see if it gave a clue what happened to you. I have been praying for you this week, as I missed your cheery posts, even though I never responded to one. You can do this! Glad you are back, and hope you are ok. May God hold you in the palm of His hand!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I am proud of you for always logging everything. That is something that I don't do. It is too easy to give yourself permission to cheat when you are not logging. You have done awesome things. Remember that this is a journey and we discover a lot about ourselves along the way. Congratulations on what you have done so far--don't give up, you and your family are worth the effort!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

thank you so much :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You have a lot of friends and support here. Think about how far you have come. Don't give up. Think about your goals...you can do it!!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]228879.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Oh I am not quiting just trying to get my motivation that I had at the beginning back.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Laura;

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

I know you can do this, I know you have help.
    I am counting on you. You wouldn't let a slightly chubby older lady down would you?
    We all suffer bouts of the "ho hum, why bother?' Some days I have to force myself to workout and others I just can't wait to start. Being in a wreck even one without major injuries can really set you back. Find your joy again and you will be OK.

I can do this and I am going to stick around here to people are sick of me :laugh: I am going to reach the goal that I have set and I want to do it with you by my side. thanks so much for being such a great friend. I really appreciate it so much.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I have been wondering about you ever since you posted about the wreck, and even checked your profile page earlier this week to see if it gave a clue what happened to you. I have been praying for you this week, as I missed your cheery posts, even though I never responded to one. You can do this! Glad you are back, and hope you are ok. May God hold you in the palm of His hand!

I have been here posting and logging my food and stuff. I have had a lot of stuff to deal with since the wreck. The guy that pulled out in front of us did not have any car insurance, was driving with a suspended license and he left the scene of an accident. The cops got him a week later, and gave him 4 tickets. With him not having car insurance my insurance had to pay for it (uninsured insurance). So I have been having to deal with the insurance company to get my van fixed and all our medical bills paid. I guess I have been struggling and stress eating. Thanks so much for your post. oh yeah I was formerly Lauramg, I changed my username to MOMOFTWO29 b/c I love it better.
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good for you Laura for re-focusing on improving your health, you are a sweetie and I know you'll make it! I am still going (slow but still eeking out a pound loss every now and then) but it's hard staying focused when life gets in the way, plus sometimes it seems exhausting to monitor eating and exercise constantly but I know it will be worth it. Let's all hang there:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Good for you Laura for re-focusing on improving your health, you are a sweetie and I know you'll make it! I am still going (slow but still eeking out a pound loss every now and then) but it's hard staying focused when life gets in the way, plus sometimes it seems exhausting to monitor eating and exercise constantly but I know it will be worth it. Let's all hang there:drinker:

thank you so much for the very kind words. we will do this!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JDexhogg
    JDexhogg Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the fact that you quoted my favorite scripture but you must also convince yourself that you indeed can do this by the power of God
  • ddtodd425
    ddtodd425 Posts: 3
    Options
    that good, How did you lose your weight any advice you have will help?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

I have been here posting and logging my food and stuff. I have had a lot of stuff to deal with since the wreck. The guy that pulled out in front of us did not have any car insurance, was driving with a suspended license and he left the scene of an accident. The cops got him a week later, and gave him 4 tickets. With him not having car insurance my insurance had to pay for it (uninsured insurance). So I have been having to deal with the insurance company to get my van fixed and all our medical bills paid. I guess I have been struggling and stress eating. Thanks so much for your post. oh yeah I was formerly Lauramg, I changed my username to MOMOFTWO29 b/c I love it better.

I had figured out the username change, but what I have missed is your cheery welcome to nearly every newbie on the site! Have you still been doing that and I'm missing it? Anyway, just know that you can contact me whenever you need a shoulder. Hang in there! Mary
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We all get stuck sometimes and then have to get back on track. Good luck!!:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I like the fact that you quoted my favorite scripture but you must also convince yourself that you indeed can do this by the power of God

Well today is a new day and I have prayed and asked God to help me not give in and eat things that I am not susposed to and I have made up my mind that I won't do that and that I will get on my bike and do some exercise today. I can do all things with God!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    that good, How did you lose your weight any advice you have will help?

Well the weight I have lost already, I stayed within my calories, drank nothing but water, (I do eat, I said this one time and someone asked me if I ate, LOL), I did a lot of exercise too. I am back to where I should be today.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

I had figured out the username change, but what I have missed is your cheery welcome to nearly every newbie on the site! Have you still been doing that and I'm missing it? Anyway, just know that you can contact me whenever you need a shoulder. Hang in there! Mary

Yes, I still welcome all the newbies, even though I have not been doing what I was susposed to be doing but I am back on it today. thanks so much, and I will do this, I want to make it to my goal weight and show all the doubters that I can do this.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You can do this! We all get stuck sometimes and then have to get back on track. Good luck!!:smile:

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: