no flour no sugar

Options
RLJAXON
RLJAXON Posts: 13 Member
Hi, I have been posting my food and excersize for quite a while now, but needless to say I have not been consistant. I have recently heard of the "no flour no sugar diet", a few people I know have had sucess, and I was wondering if any of you have tried it, or have heard good or bad about it?

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I haven't followed the actual "no flour no sugar" diet, but i have eliminated both flour and sugar from my diet and have stuck to 1200-1400 calories a day mostly lean protein, vegetables, a few fruits, oatmeal, brown rice, some non fat dairy, no artificial sweeteners and have had good success.

The more nutrition dense you eat, the better.

i wish you success.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • stirling
    stirling Posts: 11
    Options
    I maintain a general philosophy of limiting "white" the whiter the more processed it is generally less nutrition. I look for 3 things and balance them out really - Fat Sugar and Salt- Truth is most things I like have too much of one of those 3. Sooooo does not mean I can't have them - but if I consume one high sugar food I avoid any others that day - so goes for Fat and Salt content foods. The more processed the less nutrition - so if I am on a "gotta eat" agenda day I just make sure I stay away from super processed foods and let myself eat freely.
  • stirling
    stirling Posts: 11
    Options
    In addition - I really think this is important to stay on a healthy eating trend.
    A so so so so specific diet is "work" and who among us has that kind of motivaiton to work /work/ work at something that we have to do for the rest of our lives. I want to find a way of eating that is healthy but one I am confident I can continue easily into the future.
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome to mfp
  • consrvtvmom
    consrvtvmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am starting back up on no flour no sugar. It is amazing how things work when you do them. I am going to be keeping track of calories this time. When I did this way of eating before I didn't count calories.
  • consrvtvmom
    consrvtvmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I noticed that I had posted on here in March of 2010. Obviously, I didn't succeed last year, but I am shooting for it again this year. I want to lose 42 pounds by my 42nd birthday the end of October. I also want to lose some weight by May. We are having family photos taken. Two goals to shoot for.