I've been lurking...

Options
mcanix
mcanix Posts: 8 Member
So, time to introduce myself. I joined MFP quite a while ago, but never used it. I started (officially) on June 22, 2009. I have lost 9 lbs. of the 75 I need to lose since then. I really appreciate the positive atmosphere of the site. You all have been a great encouragement. For the first time ever, I am determined and serious about getting the weight off. I am so thankful to my friend (and now mentor) for suggesting this site. She has been a great help and I will be forever grateful for that. I have tried "diets" before and always gained back the weight. I have problems with people telling me what I can and cannot have or do, so restrictive diets are out of the question. I have found through this site that I don't have to eliminate anything, just keep up with the calories and be reasonable. I don't feel hungry or deprived, and that really helps with my attitude. In fact, my problem has been not eating enough calories and having to have snacks at night to add them in...not such a bad problem if you ask me. I just turned 40 in April, have a husband and two wonderful girls. I want to be the wife and Mom that they are proud to introduce. I want to feel better and look better and be a good example for those around me. I want to be able to bend and stretch and run...whatever I want to do! I want those clothes that I just bought to get me through summer to be the last ones that I EVER buy in that size! I know they will. Thank you all for all of your help. Reading the posts has been a great comfort and support for me. This is a great site with so many wonderful people. I am glad to be here.

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site has been such a wonderful tool!

Just know you are not alone on this journey!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mcanix
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for making me feel so welcome. I do love this site! Thanks for all the well wishes. I am glad to be on this journey with all of you!!
  • passmeby
    passmeby Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello from your friend in NC. I will soon be ACTIVELY joining in with you. I have to get through this day first. Love you,
  • passmeby
    passmeby Posts: 3
    Options
    I checked out the site in October but did not get back around to doing anything about it. I will give it a try now as you are my inspiration and I hope it will help you too knowing that we can be working together.
    Although, I can tell with your attitude you have now you will make it whether I am here or not. Good luck and I am so glad that you realized that with GOD'S help you can do anything. Go Girl! Love you,
  • mcanix
    Options
    Welcome "passmeby". I am glad you are checking things out here. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I have opened my food diaries and exercise diaries for friends to view, so you can see what I am doing and maybe get some ideas. Don't think of it as a diet, but just that you are keeping track. You will see that I eat "regular" food, and whatever I want. I do make different choices than I would have before, but I am not suffering or feeling deprived. I know this is what I have to do, and I will succeed. (I get that stubbornness from you...:happy: ) I love you.
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome