Alcohol on friday night!?

Options
Okay so its Friday night and I usually go out and have a few drinks. Obviously this isn't great for my weight loss. Is there any kind of drink that is better than the other? I always drink diet soda or tonic in my mixed drinks, but the alcohol its self is loaded with calories, no? Any ideas? Tips? Thanks everyone! =)

Replies

• tvbibber
    tvbibber Posts: 7
    Options
    Liquors! They are low in carbs and do not have as many calories ... a good fall back is Rum and Diet Coke! Enjoy!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Drink the drink you like. Then get your butt to the gym tomorrow to earn those calories.
  • OCmama87
    OCmama87 Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree, liquor is the best, stay away from beer
  • cjdcmom
    cjdcmom Posts: 28
    Options
    I always go with Miller Lite it's only 100 calories per serving although I think there are a couple that are even lighter. Beer causes water weight though so the scale may go up for a couple days. Red wine is good too:-)
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My friends personal trainer told her to mix Bacardi Lemone with pink lemonaid very little calories. I may have spelled wrong because I only drink beer and wine.
  • theworldis
    Options
    Drink the drink you like. Then get your butt to the gym tomorrow to earn those calories.

LOL. sounds like a plan to me!
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I try to save as many calories as possible for drinking on the weekends. I know it's not good for you, but I'm 23 years old and I like to go out with my friends and life is too short to not have fun. That being said, I tend to go over my limit on nights that I drink but I just try not to let it go by too much. And then make sure to work out the day of or the next day to make up for it.

Drink what you want to as long as it fits somewhat into your daily limit. If you're trying to get more buzz for your calories, stick with low calorie drinks because you can obviously drink more of them. My personal favorite is vodka soda with a splash of cranberry juice and lime - only about 80 calories per drink. :)
  • theworldis
    Options
    Thanks everyone! So it seems most liquors with a diet mixer are around 100 cal? Now to just drink in moderation. =)
  • christy0623
    christy0623 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I usually do a low calorie beer or rum and diet coke
  • tinkerbell42381
    tinkerbell42381 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Vodka with soda water, and a squeeze of lemon and lime - citrus vodka works great, or you can use any other flavored vodka.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    http://www.hornetjuice.com/calories-alcohol.html#rum

here's a list of calories in alcoholic beverages (roughly) there is no "good" drink. Yes, liqure has less calories but that's b/c a serving size is 1 ounce not 12-16 so unless you're only drinking one or two with diet soda it doesn't really make much of a difference
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

This!!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com
  • theworldis
    Options
    I try to save as many calories as possible for drinking on the weekends. I know it's not good for you, but I'm 23 years old and I like to go out with my friends and life is too short to not have fun. That being said, I tend to go over my limit on nights that I drink but I just try not to let it go by too much. And then make sure to work out the day of or the next day to make up for it.

Drink what you want to as long as it fits somewhat into your daily limit. If you're trying to get more buzz for your calories, stick with low calorie drinks because you can obviously drink more of them. My personal favorite is vodka soda with a splash of cranberry juice and lime - only about 80 calories per drink. :)

this is exactly how i feel. i'm 25 and i don't want my dieting to be about not ever leaving the house. I'll have a few vodka and diet sodas and get myself to the gym tomorrow definitely. Thanks!!
  • theworldis
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com

awesome website!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Or figure out how many drinks you are going to have (or a close amount) figure out how many calories and get your butt to the gym first and earn those calories.

Whiskey is about 69 calories an ounce straight... if you drink it with diet soda thats just 69 calories pretty easy to figure out how many... if you go over work out a little harder tomorrow.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    But really, who wants diet soda in their whiskey? LOL

Pixi has an excellent point, you certainly can and should try to exercise before the splurge.
  • theworldis
    Options
    how many ounces of liquor (on average) does a bartender put into a mixed drink? Just tryin to figure out my math lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    suppsed to be 1 drink=1 oz, but a LOT of bartenders pour heavy, so I call it 2 oz. I'd rather overestimate.

Plus, I order whiskey neat, so it's almost always a double. When it's the only thing in the glass, they tend to really have a heavy hand. Hey, I'm not complaining!!
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka and Diet Coke.