What's a girl to do?

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would add some strength training. You might just need time for your body to adjust to the high calories before losing weight again.

Define strength training? Isn't Jillian Micheals strength training? I don't have time to go to a gym so it has to be something I can do at home :)

It's not bad of a program and it does have strength training. In my opinion there are better programs but they are a bit more extreme (P90X2, P90X, Chalean extreme, insanity). But when you do JM, make sure you use heavy weights. The more the better.

Those programs scare me lol, I keep thinking I want to try them someday but like I said...I'm a little frightened lol. I still get really sore from JM videos.

Soreness is good. I would recommend starting with Chalean extreme as it's a bit more low key but still works your butt off. Even as I guy I was struggling some days but I lost 3% body fat (15% down to 12%) with an ok diet.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i didnt read all the comments, so sorry if this is a repeat, but i be you were dehydrated!! When i get dehydrated, it makes me feel dizzy AND lightheaded. Try to up your water intake for the next day or two and see how you feel. It's easy to rule out because you can rehydrate in a matter of hours/days instead of playing around with calorie intake (trying to find what works) because that can take weeks. Try that and change nothing else..............
  • KathleenPub
    KathleenPub Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would add some strength training. You might just need time for your body to adjust to the high calories before losing weight again.

Define strength training? Isn't Jillian Micheals strength training? I don't have time to go to a gym so it has to be something I can do at home :)

It's not bad of a program and it does have strength training. In my opinion there are better programs but they are a bit more extreme (P90X2, P90X, Chalean extreme, insanity). But when you do JM, make sure you use heavy weights. The more the better.

Those programs scare me lol, I keep thinking I want to try them someday but like I said...I'm a little frightened lol. I still get really sore from JM videos.

Soreness is good. I would recommend starting with Chalean extreme as it's a bit more low key but still works your butt off. Even as I guy I was struggling some days but I lost 3% body fat (15% down to 12%) with an ok diet.

I'll have to look at that one when I'm done the Ripped video :) THanks for all the help!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    JM does have strength training. I just meant to say more, like I would do less time on the elliptical and more strength exercises or do HIIT on the elliptical, or use heavier weights. I think your exercise program is fine. I was just making suggestions because you want to gt out of the plateau.

ETA: I don't go to the gym either. I have two kids. I work out at home, and only 12-30 min on most days. I only exercise more than that when I want to eat more.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Woah, too much water! Unless of course your working hard out exercising for several hours. This amount of water can deplete your sodium (salt) levels in you body and can be dangerous for health/heart.
  • KathleenPub
    Options
    I didn't think you could drink too much water? I drink about 8 glasses of water a day (probably about 12oz each) and about two coffees and on average 1-4 green or herbal teas....I'm a thirsty gal lol.
  • KathleenPub
    Options
    JM does have strength training. I just meant to say more, like I would do less time on the elliptical and more strength exercises or do HIIT on the elliptical, or use heavier weights. I think your exercise program is fine. I was just making suggestions because you want to gt out of the plateau.

ETA: I don't go to the gym either. I have two kids. I work out at home, and only 12-30 min on most days. I only exercise more than that when I want to eat more.

Sorry, I re-read my response and it read kind of snippy lol, I didn't mean it like that, it was a genuine question. I wasn't sure if you meant lifting weights or something like that as opposed to pushups and such. I was doing mostly that kind of stuff (i was doing JM yoga meltdown five or six days a week) and almost no cardio but wasn't losing so I added the cardio to burn the fat. I have great muscle tone, just need to lose the pudge over it lol, I want everything to shriiiinnnnkkkk :P
    Right now I logically think "eat more" because I'm hungry like every hour (the tummy grumbling kind) but it just feels like A LOT of food in the run of a day :S so of course, I work out more to make me feel better about eating more which just makes me hungry again...what a vicious cycle :P
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Okay, everyone may disagree with me, but it seems to me that you are exercising every day and that is alot. Your body needs to rest and regenerate. I suspect with four kids you are also running around alot, so probably are not eating enough to fuel all of that activity. I was actually surprised to figure out that I had been eating too little, and that was why I wasn't losing weight. That always seems counter-productive.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I didn't think your comment was snippy. Ok, I didn't know your back exercise history. In this case, I think it's just a matter of keep doing what you are doing, and eat when you feel hungry and don't feel guilty. The log is a tool to help you, but you should still listen to your body. The weight will come off.
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done on getting this far. Esp if your hands are as full as they seem!

Have you tried making changes to your diet, week by week, maybe you are food intolerant to something?

I found cutting carbs and replacing with smaller amount of protein seems to keep me full, while losing a bit.

i.e cutting out bread, trying a salad with 50g of chicken. Or heated fish with salad. Or chickpea salad with greens tomatoes and red peppers. Or eggs in morning, instead of cereal?

Am sure you ll find your way.