What is a reasonable goal for July?

Options
We are planning on going to Disney World (yay!) July 8, which is 19 weeks away. What is a reasonable goal for me to shoot for? I obviously won't be able to make my goal by then (65 more pounds), but I'd like to do as much as possible - I really want to be able to *comfortably* wear shorts and a tank top there. I do Zumba 2 days/week and I do Jillian's 30DS as well, I shoot for a few days/week.

I don't want to set myself for disappointment but I'm very focused and want to do as much as possible by then. How much can I reasonably expect to accomplish?

TIA!

Replies

• Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Bump...anyone?
  • kickboxgurl
    Options
    A healthy goal is usually an average of 2 pounds a week
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    My birthday is July 17th. And my trainer said that if I am dedicated I should be able to lose about 30-40 pounds by then.
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. If you work out regularly and keep to your calories, you should be able to drop between 30-40 pounds easy. :) Just make mini goals for yourself because every pound is a victory.
    Even if you only lose 5 pounds, you'll still feel better!! I'm 20 pounds through a 70 pounds loss and already I can wear things I haven't been able to.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Because I lose slowly I'd say 15 is a great number.
  • stefizzle9109
    Options
    My birthday is July 17th. And my trainer said that if I am dedicated I should be able to lose about 30-40 pounds by then.

My birthday is the 16th! My big 21st! :)
    Im shooting to lose 40 more pounds by then! Good luck :)
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you work hard then you could probably lose 38 lbs by then (2 lbs a week). Like others said I'd aim for between 30-40. Even if you get to 32-33 lbs weight loss you'll be halfway to your weightloss goal. How awesome would that be?!

My brother's wedding is July 28th. I'm in the wedding and am so sick of being the fat bridesmaid so I'm hoping to be down 40-45 lbs by then. 21 weeks away...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    We are planning on going to Disney World (yay!) July 8, which is 19 weeks away. What is a reasonable goal for me to shoot for? I obviously won't be able to make my goal by then (65 more pounds), but I'd like to do as much as possible - I really want to be able to *comfortably* wear shorts and a tank top there. I do Zumba 2 days/week and I do Jillian's 30DS as well, I shoot for a few days/week.

I don't want to set myself for disappointment but I'm very focused and want to do as much as possible by then. How much can I reasonably expect to accomplish?

TIA!

number of weeks till goal times two equals pounds "safely" lost

depending on your full workout and diet protocol, more may be possible... or more may be ill-advised.. but its hard to mess up a slow progression like the 2lb-wk thing.... thats why its recommended as the "max"
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My 50th birthday is in July and I am aiming to be 170 lbs . Currently I am 188.4lbs. One bad meal puts me back to 189 lbs. So here I am stuck for many months but lately realised that there is no cheat meal for the peri-menopausaul. So if you are a slow loser then nothing more than 19- 20 lbs.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you are really devoted you could probably lose 35 lbs in a healthy way. That would be a bit less than 2 lbs a week, and at that rate you would also be able to keep it off. You will have to really be diligent though. Stick to your exercise, be honest about your calories, and DO NOT eat too few calories or you will stall the weight loss. Its definitely possible to lose that much (possibly up to 40) with true dedication though. I had about 16 weeks between when I re-started and my cruise last year. I was able to lose about 25 lbs in that time in a healthy way that I have still kept off.

And don't be disheartended that it isn't your ultimate goal. Losing that many lbs is a huge accomplishment, and you will probably feel very comfortable wearing shorts and showing off your hard work! Friend me if you need extra motivation/accountability.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'd probably guess 30-40 pounds.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I set my *goal* at 10 pounds a month (i.e., a little more than 2 pounds a week). I haven't actually HIT that goal the last couple months, but I HAVE dropped 12 pounds since January 1st, so I got more than halfway there. I consider that a victory, not a failure.

My original goal was to be at my target weight by my next birthday in mid-September. At this point, that isn't likely, but if I keep doing what I've been doing - exercising and watching my diet - I know I will get there.

I like to set my goals rather aggressively because it helps push me a little harder. But I don't beat myself up if I don't get all the way there, as long as I know I put in my best effort.

In the words of Casey Kasem, "Keep your feet on the ground, but keep reaching for the stars."