What would you tell your 17 year old self if you had the cha

Options

Replies

• Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    I'm envisioning that scene from bill and ted's excellent adventure when the future bill and ted meet the past bill and ted to give them a warning..but the past bill and ted are suspicious so they say "If you are really us, what number are we thinking of?" and the future bill and ted reply "69, dudes!"
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    DO NOT get pregnant

Save up some of that money, those shoes and clothes will go out of style next year. You'll need that stash later when you want to start that company.
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'd tell myself that i didn't know everything.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    3500 calories = 1 pound. Seriously, if I'd known that I could have saved myself a ton of frustration, eaten real meals (not seltzer water and junior mints and fat free pringles for lunch), and been in shape before my late 20s.
    You will run 5ks, and like it.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Would it ever!!! Well I've been on my own since I was about 15 thanks to my crazy parents so, I've done ok. I would however have told myself.........Self!!! get a college degree because that great job you have might not be there one day (and it's not). You do have time to go to school you have nothing else important to do but your job. Stop and enjoy life stop living life in the fast lane. Take time to really enjoy the people and sights around you. Spend more time with your grandparents they will not always be here. Don't be so critical of others. Don't get caught up in gossip. You do have time to exercise and no you don't need Jack in a crack!!!
    You don't need a new car every year, you are wasting your money!!! You only need one credit card, if you can't pay cash for it don't buy it!

Hmmmmmm I'm sure there is more I would have said to myself, but that is to me the most important parts I wish I wouldn't have missed.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Do not start a relationship with him. Mark will only hurt you. He'll trigger your eating disorder more and control your life, you'll lose your friends because of him. He may be older but it doesn't mean he isn't still just a little boy. If he even liked you, he would've made the effort, he's a waste of time.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Strap it up!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Dont get married when you turn 18 stay in school and be what ever you want to be
  • heidiwithom
    Options
    Stop being a player. Focus more on school instead of social life... Weed is going to affect your memory for the worse in a few years so stop smoking it dumb*ss! Also, don't suck on whip it's ...
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Let's see at 17..lol oye, don't be afraid to leave, if someone says 'if you leave ill kill myself'..let them, dont make the guilt trick you to staying, and never let a guy push you around, learn self defense early on pre-dating age (although my dad used to box and would make me box with him LOL, a girl needs more combatives training IMO). Some guys are psycho. point blank.

On that note, yes my parents were right, I appreciate my dad stepping in and trying to stop what I couldnt see.

I also would have waited longer to date. Yeah, 17 wasn't a good year.

Now I understand why my dad was willing to risk going to prison to get me out of that scenario, because if a guy ever treats my daughter that way, I will treat the scenario the same way if I cant get through to her LOL. But hopefully that day never comes :)
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i'd tell my 17 year old self this;

Don't worry about it. don't worry about the future Everything happens for a reason, good or bad.

i love my life. everything that has happened has landed me here. Why would i want to change life?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    You're as skinny as you'll ever be right now.

Don't worry, just because you didn't date in highschool doesn't mean you won't find love.

True to your thoughts, you will marry a single father.

Go to college, and then go to university, most of the life lessons you needed to learn will be taught during those times.

Don't regret any of your decisions, you will turn out better than most.

Don't be scared when the doctor tells you it may be cancer...it's not!

Visit your G-pa more, you're going to miss him when he's gone.

Don't become a vegetarian, you're going to do it wrong and eff up your system.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    You weigh 128lbs, stop whining, stop the fasting and just exercise. Also, those big *kitten* puffy bangs are killing the ozone, cut it out.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    *enjoy your youth
    *don't worry about not having a boyfriend
    *stay in school and party, you only have a short time to be this irresponsible
    *stand up for yourself
    *quit being so damn nice
    *go to as many concerts as possible (thank gawd you at least saw the Ramones!)
    *women never grow out of backstabbing, so keep the good friends around
    *stay away from the 'older' boys-they are nothing but trouble...same goes for momma's boys too
    *BE SELECTIVE there are really are nice guys out there.
    *you'll look better when you're older
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    PUT DOWN THAT JOINT
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you feel good enough; you were beautiful inside and out. Stop dumbing yourself down for people to make them feel comfortable; know your worth and stand firm in who you are and what you believe in. Don't go to Blaine and get that ridiculous *kitten* loan, hair is not your passion. You should have went to college first. Don't stop speaking to your father for the way he spoke to you. He was a realist and your naivety scared him. Your never gonna forgive yourself when something happens to him.
    Proceed with caution when it comes to boys. Your first boyfriend isn't worth half the trouble; he is too broken and afraid to handle the lovely woman you will become.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i would tell 17 year old me to be more confident...its crazy how many crushes i had in high school if only i paid more attention

oh and invent facebook lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    1) Be involved more in high school
    2) Don't care so much about grades
    3) Lose weight while it's easy.
  • jennyshipman79
    jennyshipman79 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. Practice the guitar more
    2. Jay is not a God, in fact he's a jerk to you, break up with him before you leave for college, since you would have spent your entire freshman year not going out with friends because he told you that you're not "allowed."
    3. go ahead and date Saner, but don't get engaged. He'll only cheat on you after you've been married 2 1/2 years.
    4. Try moving away from home and living on your own, if you don't, you will only get the chance AFTER you get divorced. Then you'll realize you should have done this as soon as you got out of college.
    5. Move to Virginia as soon as possible after college. There is a wonderful man waiting for you there who will always treat you well and will give you the family you've always dreamed of.
    6. Mom's right, lose the weight now. Get into the habit of exercising everyday.
    7. Lastly, enjoy every minute that you can with your mom. She'll be gone in 11 years and she won't be around to call when you find out you're pregnant or when you have the first baby. Tell her you love her everyday, and that you'll always take care of your Dad once she's gone.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    1. Don't bother working for Verizon in 2 years. It'll lower your self-worth, isolate you from all your friends, eliminate all of your free time, and expose you to a *kitten* ton of diseases and bugs, including poisonous spiders. On top of that, the food "issues" involved will put on your first 20 lbs of lard. AVOID!

2. Matt will get that "new roommate" pregnant, and Paul will never treat you like an equal. You're not a pet; don't bother.

3. Start your training for contortionism now! You're light and flexible, and the accident hasn't happened yet!!