How "big" is "too big" for a bikini?

Options
12346»

Replies

• lilmisskrys24
    Options
    I say, as long as it fits your right and you're not busting out of it, and you feel comfortable then wear one! I just started losing weight, I started at 186. Last summer, I wore a bikini. I was in no way toned, but I know that as long as I was comfortable with it, then who cares what anybody else thinks? If they don't like it, they don't have to look. My bikini was an XL.....I'm going to Vegas in June and I WILL be wearing a bikini :) But this time, I should be around 150 if I stick with this.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    A one piece isn't the only alternative to a skimpy bikini. Educate yourself, please.

I don't need to, I'm a guy. All I know is the person I'm with won't wears a bikini when she wants to tan. I was simply trying to point out that not everyone wears a bikini exclusively because of the way it makes you look to others. I fail to see how wearing a bikini because it gives the tan lines you want doesn't achieve that goal.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I live near the beach and am there 3-4 days a week all summer. 90% of the women wearing bikinis shouldn't be :) I guess they feel comfortable though? I am 99% sure I will never wear one. I'd just like to get to the point where I can roll up my tankini when I lay out to get a little color on my stomach. I'm far from that now though so I will continue to keep myself covered.
  • aliciakay3086
    aliciakay3086 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love your suit in the profile pic - you look beautiful!

Oops edited...I was trying to reply to Spicy618. Fail.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    A one piece isn't the only alternative to a skimpy bikini. Educate yourself, please.

I don't need to, I'm a guy. All I know is the person I'm with won't wears a bikini when she wants to tan. I was simply trying to point out that not everyone wears a bikini exclusively because of the way it makes you look to others. I fail to see how wearing a bikini because it gives the tan lines you want doesn't achieve that goal.

I don't think she was chastising you.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    if you're comfortable with it go for it!!! you have to be happy with yourself and have confidence in how you look. that's why I don't wear bikinis and I live in Hawaii!!! :noway: I just never wanted people to see my belly!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    7 Foot Tall is too tall for a bikini.

I disagree. If you're 7 feet tall, you'd be pretty much limited to bikinis. There's no way the torso in a one-piece would be long enough... you'd end up all wedgied and camel-toed.
  • Dashal
    Dashal Posts: 13
    Options
    I had a similar problem the other day. I was on the beach in my micro bikini when the lifeguard came over and asked me what I was doing.

I replied that I was working on my tan and might do a couple of cartwheels for fun then she cut me off and pointed to my bikini and said 'you can't wear that!'

I was astounded. Shocked. Angry.

Then she explained that it was a nudist beach, which, to be fair, I should have realised as I was surrounded by nakedness.

So I threw it off and joined the locals in a semi-competitive sand castle building competition.

There's a message in here somewhere.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I like bikinis because they give some support :happy:
    the most beautiful bikini wearer i've ever seen was a woman, probably about 8 months pregnant.
    It's all about how you carry yourself. Hell, my bellydance teacher weighs well more than I do, but when she moves, i could fall in love with her...