Need poor mans home strength training workouts

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
Today, on one of my serious workout days (I do it 3x a week) I did 30 minutes of stationary bike, 53 pushups, 90 squats, 30 seconds planks. Can you guys recommend me other exercises that'll hit any muscles that I'm missing out with these workouts? I have 2x25 lb dumbells at home if that helps

Also, I walk alot besides these worouts

Replies

• gleechick609
    Options
    Shrugs, Deadlifts, Military Press, Arnold Press, Dips, Bicep curls
  • garbanzalo
    garbanzalo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight fitness. Google "Convict Conditioning"

You could also take a look at the book, "Overcoming Gravity" by Steven Low.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Lots of dumbbell exercises you can do with 25lb dumbbells. Google and youtube some.
    - Chest Flys
    - dumbbell press
    - squats
    - hammer curls
    - and on and on...

Lots of body weight exercises you can do at home easily....
    - many variations of crunches / situps
    - reverse
    - bicycle
    - weighted crunches
    - plank crunches
    - dumbbell side bends for obliques
    - mountain climbers
    - jumping jacks
    - burpees
    - high knees
    - lunges w/ dumbbells

and so on.... theres literally 100s of things you can do. Google or use Youtube to find them
    Pick like 15 exercises and do them 30 seconds or a set number of reps. do the list 2-3 times. creates good circuits.
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You can make your own TRX set up for less than $40 (tie down straps, carabiners, ceiling ring, and 12 inches of PVC tubing) At Home Depot and that will work every muscle and then some. Limitless possibilities. I have mine in the garage, doesn't get much use in winter but will get more as weather warms up.

2010-11-07%252015.44.59.jpg
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone app called You Are Your Own Gym. It's bodyweight and exercise that can be done with common household objects. Amazon has the book too.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    You can make your own TRX set up for less than $40 (tie down straps, carabiners, ceiling ring, and 12 inches of PVC tubing) At Home Depot and that will work every muscle and then some. Limitless possibilities. I have mine in the garage, doesn't get much use in winter but will get more as weather warms up.

2010-11-07%252015.44.59.jpg

This is GENIUS! We use TRX in our tri team - thus my profile pic - and those things are intense! Never thought to make my own!!
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah dude, save yourself $100. Mine is actually stronger, you couldn't break this thing if your were 400 lbs.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Here is a pretty good page with a full routine for someone with nothing more than dumbells. And if you have questions on form, each exercise has a quick clip of a guy doing them.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    alternating supermans are an excellent compliment to planks.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou: