Looking to drop 15+

Options
jbrinda1
jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
Hello, I'm an avid runner rehabbing from an injury. Looking to drop some weight before Boston Marathon in April. Started tracking cals and workouts about a week ago and looking for motivation to stay on track. I've got the workout thing down, usually at least 6 hours a week, it's the cals and hydration I need to be more religious about. Would love to get some friends to stay focused and on track and share food ideas etc. with. Add me and we can help each other stay motivated.

Replies

• usafcbcsgrl
    usafcbcsgrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am working to cut all refined carbohydrates out of my diet and just eat foods made with whole grains. If you are a runner you need carbs for the energy. I have friends who are doing Paleo and I don't think I am to the point where I am willing to give up things like dairy and coffee.

What are you eating?
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    I think my diary is public, if not I'll adjust. I seem to go over on my protein on a regular basis, not sure if that's bad. I try to eat mostly whole grains as well. Whole wheat bread, wraps or pasta where possible, but don't like to deny occasional detour. I get enough carbs. But if I don't track, I frequently go over on cals.
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    I think my diary is public, if not I'll adjust. I seem to go over on my protein on a regular basis, not sure if that's bad. I try to eat mostly whole grains as well. Whole wheat bread, wraps or pasta where possible, but don't like to deny occasional detour. I get enough carbs. But if I don't track, I frequently go over on cals. Def could use more veggies. Lifetime struggle!
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    You can add me if you want! I'm a runner, too - injured the tendon on my left foot and totally fell off track after not being able to run for about a month (argh!). I gained about 5 lbs (wanted to lose 15 originally) - so now I'm 20 lbs from my goal..
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    This injury is kind of two pronged, plantar fasciitis which is really long slow recovery and that in turn caused some post tib tondonitis from trying to land on my forefoot instead of heel striking. Ran for an hour on treadmill @ 8:30 pace for first time in about 2 months today and it didn't kill me so maybe I can actually finish Boston under 4 hours. 6 weeks to go. More PT on Monday.