How old were you when you had kids?

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I had my son one week before my 22nd birthday...he was due ON my birthday, but thank God for a strong cold front causing every pregnant woman in town to go into labor, because I really didn't want to have to share :)

Edit: And I'm pretty much always the youngest mom at tee ball practice, school events, etc. I used to get dirty looks sometimes (I think when I'm not made up I look MUCH younger than I am) but I'm cool with it now. Plus, I want to have more children and don't really want to be old when they're my age!
  • Ritchiewoo
    Options
    Hi 16 giving birth with my first and 19 with my second they are now 16 and 13 and I'm 32,no it's not all bad,I've worked hard,got no mortgage,they are like my best friends,we like the same music,same tastes in clothes etc.
    I'm glad I had them early as my parents were old having me and if I had followed suit they probably wouldn't have known them as they would either be too old to do anything fun or possibly deceased.

Everyone is different,have them when it suits you,I know this has probably opened a can of worms and yes it was hard for me being so young however I have never claimed a benefit for them,I've worked hard,paid my bills and have managed to get reasonably financially secure.

:-)

oops I forgot,both with same dad,was with him for 17 years,would still be with him most probably if he hadn't died in a fatal road crash in 2011. If I had my kids in my late 20's my boys would be babies/toddlers and no daddy! Least at the age they are its been 'easier' for them to accept and understand.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    31 when my daughter was born !!!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was 25 when I had my daughter and 28 when I had my son.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    17 with my first (I know, I know..) and 22 with my second. Got married at 23. lol
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I was just a month shy of 31 when I had my first child. I plan on getting pregnant again later this year after I am married...I'll be 36. I don't think there is anything wrong with waiting so long as you understand the potential for increased risks to mother and baby, as well as, it can become more difficult for you to become pregnant.

I don't think there is a "right" or "better" time or age...just what works for your particular situation.
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You should not worry! I had my first child at 34 and before I knew it (OMG!!!) I was pregnant with the second one and delivered her just 12 months later when I was 35. Plenty of time. Enjoy yourselves!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    31 with my first, 35 with my second, and I'm 40 now. My youngest is going to Kindergarten next year! Woot woot!!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    41. Am I the only old Mom here? At least thanks in part to this site, I'm not a heavy set Mom in her forties anymore!

((raises hand))

I had my daughter at age 39. I'm happy to be an older mom, because I didn't have the patience for it when I was younger. I hate to think what kind of mother I would have been like at age 22! It definitely keeps me young, and it gives me an excuse to play on the playground. It's great!

The only drawback: When we decided we wanted another baby (when I was 41), it was too late since I had already started menopause & was out of eggs. :frown: At least we have our one little blessing! So, while I would love to say "it's never too late to start", sometimes it is.
  • sweets2001
    sweets2001 Posts: 106
    Options
    Was 31 when I had my first and 34 when I had my second. They keep me young!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    36 whenI had my son, who is now 7.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    just a few days before my 30th birthday, 33, 35, and 40 . . . .
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    27 with my first, 28 with my 2nd (few days shy of 29), and I hope to be pregnant sometime at the end of this year I'll be 31 in June.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Old mom here (raising hands) acquired 2 spirit daughters at 31, birthed a daughter at 32.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    34 with my first and 37 with my second! love my boys xxxx
  • leannamichelle
    leannamichelle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    27 and 29. I MIGHT have another one in about three or four years. Which would make me either 33 or 34. My husband and
    I aren't sure yet.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    15 with my first, 27 with my second.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I was 18, 19 and 26.

I was too young in my teens. I barely remember there mile stones. When I was 26 I was more comfortable with who I am and was able to enjoy being a mother.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I was 22 when I had my first son. In my original plan I wasn't going to get married at 25 and probably have kids at 27. If I knew then what I know now..I so would have stuck to my original plan (I'm 29 now). Then, I think about well..when my children have kids I will be a grandma at a good age *crossing fingers* My in laws are in the late 50s and they just don't have that energy to really play with the kids.
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    25 1/2 (to the day) with my first, 27 with my second, 29 1/2 with my third, and 32 with my fourth.