How old were you when you had kids?

Options

Replies

• LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was 18 when I got pregnant on my first, 19 when he was born.
    I was 24 when my second was born.

Now I'm 26 with a 7yr old and a 2yr old and I wouldn't change it for the world.
    I plan on being finished having babies by the time I'm 30 (at the latest!) and then I can enjoy my late 40's when my kids are adults.

My parents were 19 having me too, it kind of runs in the family.
  • 19 when I had 1st son and 23 when I had my 2nd son.
  • jobelle217
    jobelle217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Had my wonderful little boy at 26y/o; hoping to be in a position in my life to have a second one around 29....and then maybe a third :)

I think it depends on where you are as far as your life goals/accomplishments....i.e. what else do you have planned and how much time/recourses do you have available now and in the near future. Most people in my profession have children ~30y/o and they all do great!
  • chellemitchell
    Options
    i had my 1st at just turned 19 my 2nd at 23 and my last 1 at 28 i was a better mum with my last i love my kids 2 bits if i cud change things i wud ave waited till 28 4 my 1st and wud ave had a bout 5 years between each 1 xxx
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    first 22
    second 24 (nearly 25)
    third 31 (nearly 32)
    forth 33
  • zevonfangrrrl
    Options
    My first at 25 and my second at 28. It has been hard and lonely sometimes, but it also made me grow up and realise there was a lot more to life than what I had become focused on before becoming a Mum. And it gives me so many reasons to get up and be thankful every day.

Still, my husband and I often think wistfully of rainy afternoons spent in bed watching tv and eating toasted sandwiches and not all stressed out picking up toys and telling the kids not to jump on the furniture for the millionth time!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I had mine late-ish. 33, 34 & 36
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    22 and 25 they are the loves of my life, my heart and my soul.
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    19 & 21 :)
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter at 22, son number 1 at 24 & son number 2 at 28.
    My daughter is now 19 & has just had her 1st, so i'm a gran at the tender age of 41, wasn't thrilled when she said she was pregnant but my granddaughter Lily is now 3mths old & i wouldn't change her for the world.
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I had my son when I was thirty-six.
  • joannea1988
    Options
    was 19 and 21 with my babies , yes young, but im married and im a great young mom x
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    21 although I can only take 2/3 of the credit
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I turned 22 four days before I had my son. In hindsight, I would say I should have waited. But he's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. : )
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was 19 and now that I am 42 I am so glad I had em young. First of all I had way more energy and now I am free........at a young enough age and maturity level to enjoy my life with my hubby. I also have such a great time with my boys now that they are adults!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was 18 when my son was born. I don't regret it for a second cause now I'm 36, my son is 18 & I am still very young enough to do what I want to do now. My son's biological father has never set eyes on him (his choice not ours) and I'm kinda grateful for that. He was a prick & not worth my time. MY husband raised my son from the age of 3. HE is the only man he has known as dad & that's all that matters to all of us.

This is my story almost exactly............crazy!
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was 23 when my daughter was born, and 24 when my son was born.
    I'm 26 now, and that's it for me!
    I think the whole parenting thing is a shock to the system whatever age! Slepless nights are never easy lol!
    But you will know when you are ready.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
  • Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My wife was 29 & I was 30. We have one son who is 18 yrs old!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I was just turned 21 when I had my 1st, I will be 33/34 when I have my second