girl scout cookies

Options
Anyone else having trouble staying away from their girl scout cookies? My daughter is a girl scout and I ended up buying 10 boxes. I try to save as many calories for the end of the day that I can in hopes I can have 2 cookies.... this is sad.

Replies

• ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same thing!!!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only person excited that I'll finally be able to buy them this weekend since the little sugar pushers will be outside my markets.

When we end up having boxes at work, I try to limit myself to one tagalong a day but will sometimes have two. Or two do si dos (or a whole sleeve on the weekends *cough*) I eat lightly during the day and save most of my calories for night anyway so I don't usually take too much of a hit if I have a cookie or two.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I no longer buy them--just hand the girls a donation instead.
  • Evelyn_22
    Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Damn somoas! I ate a lot of those this week. So glad that box is gone.
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I bought a box of Tagalongs before I started MFP...yeah you know what I'm talkin about...those delicious chocolate covered peanut butter cookies they are so hard to resist. They are currently in my freezer, unopened. It's been difficult to stay away. I wish my husband would just eat them.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    mmmmm must resist the thin mints
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I no longer buy them--just hand the girls a donation instead.

Ha! I did the same this year :)
  • grace8488
    grace8488 Posts: 12
    Options
    If you want them so bad.....yummo! Just earn them. Above and beyond extra burn. :love:
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    MMMMM - I just ate 2 Thin Mints and 1 Samoa (70 calories in just one of those babies!).
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm somehow able to limit myself to 2 a day. And I eat them at lunch. I think packing them into a ziplock bags by pairs has helped.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I still have two boxes left from last year, just found them in my pantry last weekend.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The cost makes 'em really easy to avoid for me. No way that $4 for a tiny box of cookies fits into my food budget at all. Plus I've just never understood the crack-like addiction so man people seem to have for them. The last time I remember having one the chocolate tasty fake and waxy and the cookie left this funky "coating" feel on my mouth. :\
  • MzzAisha
    MzzAisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished having a serving of thin mints. delicious. i will stay away from them for the rest of the day, period. LOL.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    All three of my neices were selling GS cookies... and my husband bought 2 boxes from each of them! I told him he is to hide or take the boxes to work because I have NO will power when it comes to those. 140 calories for two Samoa's? I don't even think about that when the box is in front of me... :grumble:
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Lemonades <3<3<3
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    i eat them..i just make sure they fit in... i love the shortbread ones with my tea...mmm....
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    My daughter is a scout too, People tell me they have eaten every single one they bought, (like 5 boxes full) and All 5 boxes that I purchased are still in my pantry, waiting for summer when I will be outside and way more active. Then I can eat them without feeling guilty. Besides, Trefoils make the best S'mores! Man I can't wait to go camping.
  • doris_day
    doris_day Posts: 159
    Options
    I bought 10 boxes for the family. I have a bad sugar addiction, so I can't/won't stop at 2 (a serving size). I'm going cold turkey and not eating any.... well I'm going to try and not eat any. So far so good.
  • msjamartin
    msjamartin Posts: 148
    Options
    I've been really good...have my treat box of samoas in my freezer and took several days of portion control to eat my do si do..all within my calories...then today hit. Really bad day at work...one of the managers as 900 boxes that he peddles for his daughter her at work and I caved...just inhaled one box of somoas..yup a whole box. Had to have the fix (haven't done that in years and won't be doing it again.)

At least I plan to do 1 1/2 hours at the gym tonight...think I may stretch it into 2 hours as my penance.

That treat box will stay unopened now for several more weeks before I start with the rationing. Uugh
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just reading through posts thinking how glad I was I hadn't ordered any when my wife told me to get the door. It was the girl next door bringing the cookies she had ordered. Fortunately, what she ordered is not likely to tempt me. Glad she didn't get thin mints.