lose weight, eat more?

Options
:smile: I was wondering, as you lose more weight, does MFP automatically adjust how many calories you can eat? Would your caloric goal increase or decrease as you lose more??

Replies

• gillian92
    gillian92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4 lbs and the calorie goal is the same. I think you need to change it manually in the settings
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    It will not automatically change, you need to do that yourself.
    The closer you get to your goal the less quickly you may want to lose the weight.
    I am set to .5lbs a week lose so I get to eat more calories. :) I am pretty much at my goal
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Caloric needs for someone heavier compared to lighter will definitely be more. As you slim down your caloric needs will be less.
    If you are already eating a very low level of calories for your weight then you just keep it the same.
    If you have been low calorie dieting for weeks (maybe over 8 weeks) and you seem to be plateauing not really losing much it may help weight loss along if you take a week off and get more calories and then back to low calorie dieting again.

For me personally a weight loss goal of .5lbs which in kilos is a measely 200 grams in Australia would do my head in. Healthy weight loss can be up to 1kg per week or 2.2lbs.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I find MFP asks me about every 10lbs of weight loss if it should re-calc my caloric targets. When I say yes it lowers them by about 60 each time it has done that.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to take away ten calories for every pound I lose, but that is because I am still trying to lose. once you start maintaining, you will get more calories because you don't need a deficit.