Exactly HOW do you eat your excercise calories

Options
2»

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I plan my day knowing what kind of exercise I'll be doing and what kind of burn I have, so it's never a matter of "eating them back." Just eating.
    ^this

sometimes i dont eat them all on that day though, and use sunday as my "make up" day to use up any exercise calories i didnt eat during the week - somtimes its a trip to the bar, sometimes is extra dessert or some nachos..cookies/brownies etc
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I munch on roasted edemame nuts, sometimes I have a bowl of berries or melon. Sometimes, I actually have chips or a chunk of cheese. I never, ever have trouble eating my exercise calories (although I leave at least 30% as a cushion against miscalculations).
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I plan my day knowing what kind of exercise I'll be doing and what kind of burn I have, so it's never a matter of "eating them back." Just eating.

Me too :) I think some people think they have to wait until after a workout to eat those extra cals from exercise. They head to the gym after work and when they get home they have like 2000 cals & think OMG I need to eat these before I go to bed. If I have a heavy workout day (or a hiking day...even better) I just eat more snacks throughout the day or a bigger breakfast or lunch. I love to eat, so it's not a problem. :blushing:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I spread mine out over the day. So on the days I work out, I eat a bigger breakfast and lunch. If at the end of the day, I still have some left, I eat something naughty for dessert. In other words, a treat.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Usually pancakes, ice cream, or cereal.

Me too!!! *fist bump*
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options

Yes this too!!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    pb&j - almost every day before my workout at lunch
    wine
    olive oil - I use it to roast my veggies and practically anything else I cook, it adds calories
    nuts
    pasta
    Amy's cheese free roasted veggie pizza - yum yum!
    really, I never have a problem eating all of my calories
    Today I had cheese puffs
    Just because you're trying to lose weight doesn't mean you have to exist on vegetables.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Generally I drink my exercise calories in a long stemmed glass. But adding a little olive oil to your veggies will also shoot those calories right up.
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I will eat half of mine in the form of wine or beer. :drinker:
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    On exercise days I usually treat myself with a piece of candy (60cals) and milk to fill up the rest of the calories I need
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I've been working on upping my calories, both my net and doing better about eating back all my exercise calories. I have to admit, it's a struggle because even when gaining weight, I never ate big quantities of food. Never could eat as much at a sitting as many people. Example, I may have eaten my share of Big Mac's but I never could eat more than a few fries with it.

Anyway, I don't necessarily eat them all on the same day. I like to save calories to eat later that week for extra special indulgences. But whenever I eat them, I usually have to do it with calorie-dense items like pizza, burgers, baked goods, ice cream, etc. I find it very hard to do if I'm trying to stay with healthier, more nutritious foods. Gosh, it sounds like I'm complaining. Not. Love being able to get some treats in.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    How do I eat my exercise calories?

With a spoon, a fork, or my fingers.

I like this Idea
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry I don't eat them.. but if I have a craving I do.. usually ice cream or chocolate.. :p
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you're having problems with food volume, try some more calorie dense foods...there have been some great suggestions on this thread already, but things like cheese, nuts and bananas are usually how I 'spend' mine.