Need new Lunch Ideas

Options
OK, I wasn't quite sure which section to put this in but I settled on this one so I hope it is good enough.

Anyway, I need some help figuring out a new lunch. This is what I normally have every day.
Dole - Packaged Salad - Baby Spinach, 0.5 cups 3 0 0 0
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh - Smoked Turkey Breast, 12 Slices 90 2 1 16
Village Hearth - Slender Rounds Whole Wheat, 1 Roll 100 22 1 4
Hellman's Real - Mayo, 1 TBSP 100 0 10 0
Sargento - Natural Provolone Cheese, 1 slice (19g) 70 0 5 5
Land O Lakes - Cottage Cheese Fat Free, 1 cup 160 10 0 28

Target macros are C25, F20, P50. Those are grams, not percent. My lunch needs to be edible cold, I hate nuked food. it also needs to fit in my lunch box and my 20 minute break so no ginormous salads. The main thing I am getting burnt out on is the cottage cheese.

Got any ideas?

Replies

• kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt Cobani plain and add your own fruit and stevia.
    Tuna with mayo
    egg salad

if you want to change up your salad do carrot and celery sticks
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Looks like my lunch LOL
    I eat a turkey sandwich most days.
    You could try switching up the mayo for mustard or horseradish sauce for a change or different deli meat.
    If it is the cottage cheese you are sick of try a jello sugar free pudding cup or some greek yogurt. Maybe some fruit instead.
    Or change up your cottage cheese by adding a little fruit, honey or jelly to it. Really makes it good.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Oh yea if I am not eating a turkey sandwich I am having egg or chicken salad.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter with sliced fresh strawberries.

Edited to add, on some sort of whole grain bread.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Tuna salad and egg salad are options. I won't eat stevia and only eat fruit after my workout. I also don't eat salads so nothing to change up. Celery...BLEH!

I will do some math on the Tuna and Egg salad sandwiches Not sure how well they would hold together with only 1 serving of Mayo. I have been known to eat tuna plain though so that is a good option.
  • BertieGotSkill
    BertieGotSkill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This week I have taken:

Great Value Peanut Butter on Mrs. Baird's honey 7 Grain Bread
    Snap Pea Crisps
    Small Granny Smith Apple
    Cheese Flavor Rice Cakes
    A Snack Pack Pudding

and

Turkey Cheese Wrap (low carb tortilla)
    Celery and Ranch
    Alphabet Cookies
    Banana
    Chedder Cheese Popcorn

If it's too big for lunch, you can always leave a little leftover for a snack. :)
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Mission deli wraps, packed with salad, tomatos, meat of choice, around 300 cals. Can be made at home and should fit your lunch box. I find them quite satisfying. Sorry i'm really not very imaginative.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    haha i've just noticed you dont like salad!!
  • 0RESET0
    Options
    I would love to do peanut butter but I would max out my fat before I even came close to hitting my protein. Peanut butter tuna sandwiches don't sound too appealing ;) LOL
  • 0RESET0
    Options
    haha i've just noticed you dont like salad!!

Stuffing a salad into a sandwich wrap is a good idea though.
  • usafcbcsgrl
    usafcbcsgrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like 1 cup of yoplait yogurt with fresh berries

you can do a natural peanut butter and preserves on whole wheat bread

they have flat packs of fish not just tuna you can eat them cold with your greens

you can make a BLT on whole wheat bread or a whole wheat Pita, you can take everything and just assemble them at work

I take along fruit an apple or orange, 1/4 cup of almonds and string cheese for a snack too
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    thought of something else I made this week. It is a salad, but not the traditional type! you can leave use almost any ingredients you want to with this though. This makes 4 servings

1 bag shredded red cabbage
    1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed & drained
    2 tomatoes, diced
    1 poblano pepper, seeded & chopped
    1 cup frozen corn, thawed & drained
    1/2 red onion chopped
    salt to taste
    lime juice to taste

Less than 200 calories.

Some substitutions or additions: diced cucmber, diced avocado, cilantro, jalapeños, hard boiled egg

Edited to add that you could totally put this in a wrap instead of just a bowl. If you did that it would probably stretch to be 5 or 6 servings.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad and egg salad are options. I won't eat stevia and only eat fruit after my workout. I also don't eat salads so nothing to change up. Celery...BLEH!

I will do some math on the Tuna and Egg salad sandwiches Not sure how well they would hold together with only 1 serving of Mayo. I have been known to eat tuna plain though so that is a good option.

Tuna mixed with cottage cheese instead of mayo is pretty good and very high in protein.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I would love to do peanut butter but I would max out my fat before I even came close to hitting my protein. Peanut butter tuna sandwiches don't sound too appealing ;) LOL

There are good fats though, and nut butters qualify for that. I am over on fat a lot b/c of nuts/cheeses, etc. I am still losing weight.
  • 0RESET0
    Options
    I should also mention that my diary is open. Today was a little different because I ran out of cottage cheese but you will get an idea what I am shooting for. The high protein/ moderate fat, carb thing that is making things a little difficult. I have to spread things out evenly or I end of with tuna and egg whites for dinner, YUK.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Do you like hummus? There's lots of flavors and it's a nice flavor change on a sandwich instead of mayo. Hard boiled egg? Cold salmon , laughing cow cheese, veggie wrap. Maybe lox, tomato, lite cream cheese on a bagel.
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    instead of the mayo how about salsa and guacamole salsa and have it on one of those flat out wraps? those things are huge and just 100 calories. This recipe for guac salsa is only 13 calories for a tablespoon and the jar of it keeps for a week or 2 in the fridge.
    http://frostedbakeshop.blogspot.com/2010/05/guacamole-salsa.html
    Total: 407 calories 32 carbs 31fat 7 protein 18 fiber 9 sugar
    Per Serving: 13 1 1 0 1 0
  • 0RESET0
    Options

There are good fats though, and nut butters qualify for that. I am over on fat a lot b/c of nuts/cheeses, etc. I am still losing weight.

No argument there but I am trying to hit 50 grams of protein and 20 of fat. One serving of peanut butter is about 20 grams of fat and only 7 grams of protein.

I know, I am odd ball. I am more worried about macros than calories.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mash up white beans with avocado and spread it on a flat out LIGHT wrap, fill with some veggies and it's so good and satisfying!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I think I readbout someone 'creaming' soft tofu for shakes and sauces - maybe that'd work in a (chicken, tuna or egg) salad dressing instead of mayo?