Fell off the Wagon

Options
Gosh...I was doing so well and then fell off the wagon about 9 days ago. I started a new job and the stress was so bad, I fell back into all my old habits, so I quit my job. I freelance also so I am trying to keep freelancing so I don't have to go back to retail. Trying to get back into it, but my stress levels get really high. The only way I can relax is to sleep. I have been drinking soda, eating gummies, smoking cigs, blaahh I discust myself sometimes:glasses: :drinker: :smokin: :sick: :sick: .

Replies

• graypink0130
    Options
    Gosh...I was doing so well and then fell off the wagon about 9 days ago. I started a new job and the stress was so bad, I fell back into all my old habits, so I quit my job. I freelance also so I am trying to keep freelancing so I don't have to go back to retail. Trying to get back into it, but my stress levels get really high. The only way I can relax is to sleep. I have been drinking soda, eating gummies, smoking cigs, blaahh I discust myself sometimes:glasses: :drinker: :smokin: :sick: :sick: .
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Try not to get down on yourself! The best advice anyone ever gave me is to not start a diet while under great stress or on vacation. Both are abnormal situations, and you are practically dooming yourself to fail because there's too much else going on. Dust yourself off, and try again tomorrow! You can do this!
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    No worries....
    No body is perfect...even the healthier person in the world will have some bad habits!!!
    It's just human....
    Peace&Love
    Sonia:flowerforyou:
  • surfbeachchic7813
    Options
    I know the feeling I can't change my habits with soda. Its about the only bad thing I have in my diet besides a bit of white products. Keep your head up, whenever you feel stressed again don't reach for the food although I admit its hard not to do :grumble: , take a walk instead, write in a journal, take a nap, chew gum whatever it is that works for you. I hope this helps you out. :flowerforyou:
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options

You may have fallen off the wagon. But remember the wagon is only going 1 mile an hour and it's super low to the ground. In fact it's not so much a wagon as a Cart. And it's going ever so slow, so look, you can catch it. That's right! You can jump back on the wagon over and over until you are actually staying on it and yourealize even at a mile an hour you are going somewhere:smile: So hurry and get back on cause we all know you can do it!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Don't worry about it :) I am sure ALL of us have fallen off the wagon before. Hell, I remember a few times when after falling off the wagon, it went in reverse and ran over me LOL. Hang in there and find what ever motivates you. Whether it be pictures, family members, your health, a tight pair of jeans, what ever. I use all of the above to motivate me depending on mood. Good luck!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow well said!!! I can catch that darn cart in no time!!! I've been falling off it all week too!

So hugs and lets get back on that cart/wagon....stress can make you nuts and lately ....its been tough!

I can make excuses for myself and they even may be ligit, as yours are too...but still eating healthy and exercise not only make you feel better but help keep the stress at bay....next time you start worrying....get up and go for a walk, or jog...or put on the tunes and dance dance dance...whatever you can do to release it....I will too!

its better than enduldging on not so good things and then feeling even worse later! its a vicious cycle and I think we are better than that!
    right?! you with me?! LOL

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • gk10465
    gk10465 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am reading a really good book that you might like called
    "small change: little things make a big difference" by Susan & Larry Terkel.

It could help with trying to make huge changes and getting stressed and falling off the wagon. This book advocates making very small changes that have a big effect over time, not so overwhelming.

Like I just cut out one soda a day, the one with my lunch. Over a year, that is a huge calorie cut.

Good Luck
  • Elvidnir
    Elvidnir Posts: 23
    Options
    It was probably an unforseen pothole in the road that made you fall off the wagon.
    A dirty pothole called stress.

I tend to hit that one around midterm/finals (and another nasty one called PMS every month).

But I feel so much better the next day or so when I am able to jump back on with no trouble and more energy to prove that I can do it!
  • twinsmommy
    Options
    i feel you there... i work full-time and have twin toddlers... if i'm on track and losing weight i'm smoking a million cigs... if i'm eating bad... i lay of the cigs... so not good :(
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    wow well said!!! I can catch that darn cart in no time!!! I've been falling off it all week too!

So hugs and lets get back on that cart/wagon....stress can make you nuts and lately ....its been tough!

I can make excuses for myself and they even may be ligit, as yours are too...but still eating healthy and exercise not only make you feel better but help keep the stress at bay....next time you start worrying....get up and go for a walk, or jog...or put on the tunes and dance dance dance...whatever you can do to release it....I will too!

its better than enduldging on not so good things and then feeling even worse later! its a vicious cycle and I think we are better than that!
    right?! you with me?! LOL

hugs and good luck!
    Ali

Thanks! I fall off a few times a day sometimes. But I keep hopping back on. I figure either I'm going to stay on and get somewhere or I'm going to get a bruised bottom trying!