High Calorie Day??? Worth it or not?

I have been staying within or under my 1200 calories a day eating some or all of my exercise calories back daily. My doctor started me on Phentermine 2 weeks ago and I have lost 10 lbs since. Tomorrow I am taking a day off the pills because I have alot of functions to go to and the pill makes me a little anxious and weird (plus I read on a forum you should take a day off it every now and then).

My question is should I also add in a few more calories maybe up it to 1600 for the day (especially since I will be around food and people all day)? I've read posts where people say it actually helped their metabolism to do that.

Has anyone tried it- and what were your experiences? I don't want to gain back the amazing weight I just lost. :explode:

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    I think eating 1600 calories one day would be just fine. You will not gain gain by doing this one day. Just dont go crazy and eat 3000 calories. :)
  • jyow01
    jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
    I don't think one day will make a difference as long as you don't go crazy with what you eat. Still log everything so you can see exactly how many calories you have taken in.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    You lost 10 pounds. Thats 35000 calories. I don't think a day off is going to hurt you.

I would check with your doctor about skipping doses of medicine, however. Advice on a forum should be taken with a grain of salt.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Thanks guys! I'll let you know how it goes. I am keeping the faith that I have learned some control and will not totally blow it.
  • sthomse5
    sthomse5 Posts: 22 Member
    You can definitely eat a bit more! And it is a good idea to take a break from phentermine every once in awhile. Its in the amphetamine family so it can actually become addictive if used for longer than 8 weeks at a time. Your body will slowly build up a resistance to the drug so you might find it more effective if you take a day off every 4 or 5 days. I am graduating from PA school in May and was on it at one time too, so I wont lead you astray :) Good job with the weight loss!