does anyone have hypertension???

Options
any tips for lowering high blood pressure????

Replies

• kang73
    kang73 Posts: 12
    Options
    Low salt diet and loosing some weight
  • ADHar10
    ADHar10 Posts: 18
    Options
    I've had hypertension for over 12 years now and my doctor prescribed blood pressure medication to lower my blood pressure. You also have to watch your sodium intake, exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. Reducing your stress and anxiety level helps, also. It is very important to lower your blood pressure; it's not called the silent killer for nothing. That's why I joined this site to assist me with my weight loss and diet. Best of luck to you! :)
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i was on medication earlier for a year, but with my current weight loss, better diet and fitness, i last took the meds some 4 months ago
    so loosing a little weight too works wonders, be on the journey and it will soon be a non issue
    all the best!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I've had hypertension for over 12 years now and my doctor prescribed blood pressure medication to lower my blood pressure. You also have to watch your sodium intake, exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. Reducing your stress and anxiety level helps, also. It is very important to lower your blood pressure; it's not called the silent killer for nothing. That's why I joined this site to assist me with my weight loss and diet. Best of luck to you! :)

I know it i no longer an I should lose weight issue it is really effecting my health
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    i was on medication earlier for a year, but with my current weight loss, better diet and fitness, i last took the meds some 4 months ago
    so loosing a little weight too works wonders, be on the journey and it will soon be a non issue
    all the best!

I am starting this asap... so scared of being on blood pressure meds. I neeeeed to do something right away
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything you need to know right here:
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/hbp/prevent/prevent.htm
  • OsiViper
    OsiViper Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I "have" hypertension and am on an ACE Inhibitor for it currently. But I need to schedule a checkup with my doctor because as of lately with losing 35lbs and eating a better diet I am starting to get orthostatic hypotention (dizziness and near fainting when I stand up). So I am hopeful that my BP has gone down and I wont need the medication for much longer!