Eating Disorder?

Options
I'm a recovering Anorexic.. (I didn't starve myself to be skinny, I just physically couldn't eat)
I started eating well again with proper meals and regular eating.
But now I'm back to one meal or day or sometimes nothing..
I'm really struggling to feel 100% and i'm always so tired and can;t exercise because my body has no fuel.

I already understand how bad it is and I'm not doing it for weightloss.. I just can't eat.. No matter how bad my hunger pains.

Can someone please help? I can't keep doing this or I'll become really sick.

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have never been anorexic. I've been 180 degrees the opposite direction. I use to binge/emotional eat and I couldn't stop myself. I don't quite know what advice I can give you that will help. Try your best to force it down so your body can function. Have you tried talking to a counselor? If it wasn't for my counselor, I probably would still be binging and emotional eating every day still. She was able to help me figure out why I was doing this to myself. Once you change it, it'll feel gross to go back. Sorry I couldn't have better advice.
  • cjr312
    cjr312 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've never experienced an eating disorder myself and I'm not an expert, but how about trying shakes or juicers? If you drink a smoothie or protein shake, it doesn't feel like sitting down to eat a meal, but you can still get some nutrients from it.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    relaspe maybe, you should go see ur dr. maybe they can help...you need to eat, you have to tell urself that you dont care that ur mind is telling you that you cant eat..pick up the food and eat anyway, you have to beat the disorder..
    I know it sounds simple when i say it but i know its not that simple, if you cant do that i really would see a dr. about it.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering Anorexic.. (I didn't starve myself to be skinny, I just physically couldn't eat)
    I started eating well again with proper meals and regular eating.
    But now I'm back to one meal or day or sometimes nothing..
    I'm really struggling to feel 100% and i'm always so tired and can;t exercise because my body has no fuel.

I already understand how bad it is and I'm not doing it for weightloss.. I just can't eat.. No matter how bad my hunger pains.

Can someone please help? I can't keep doing this or I'll become really sick.

My suggestion is to seek professional help.
    You are certainly right, you are on a dangerous path, and you need to receive professional help.

First, to make sure you receive proper nutrition.
    And then, to deal with your reason for not being able to eat.

Keep in touch. Friend me if you want.
    Don't despair, but look for a professional, please :flowerforyou:
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Anorexia nervosa is a very serious mental illness that needs to be cared for by a psychologist. Your body is slowly deteriorating with this condition. Muscle is slowly being eaten away when there is no food in your digestive system. Think of food like this, you don't eat to gain weight or even to make your internal systems satisfied but rather you should eat to be sure you maintain muscle mass to avoid injury and death. Your extreme fatigue is fueled by the lack of food. My advice would be to force yourself to eat or even nibble through the day. If you are eating an adequate amount of food each day then try vitamin c and b12 supplements.
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    I'm curious about the possibility of depression. Sometimes depression can look like a lot of things. When there are lots of stressors or losses in life sometimes a person can lose their appetite. Also wondering about medication which can influence hunger and the desire to eat. The hallmark of anorexia is the fear of becoming fat, resulting in restricting to lose or maintain a lower than healthy weight.
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    First: get professional help. There's no shame... I'm getting some myself.
    Second: a b vitamin deficiency can wipe out appetite and zap your energy. Take B vitamins and fish oil supplements to keep your brain safe and functioning and undamaged as possible by poor nutrition.
    Third: don't focus on meals yet so much. Carry things to nibble all day long. Whatever you can. A thermos of chocolate milk to SIP all day long... Or organic fruit juice gummi bears, electrolyte jelly beans, bits of muffin or cheese or chicken, chopped egg whites, peanuts.. literally ANYTHING you can get down to get your body used to food, and being fueled.
    Focus on today. Don't think about how much farther you have to go to recover. :-)
    Friend me if you like. :-)
    I know this must be hard for you, but its such a huge deal that you are working to recover. :) it will get better!
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had the kind of anorexia when I was younger which made it impossible for me to eat - not so much because I wanted to lose weight (although it was a problem too) but because food disgusted me. The smell of food made me wanna vomit and to eat dairy products was just impossible. I told my mother and together we made a plan which made it possible for me to eat the necessary amount of calories that I needed. After a couple of months or so, the problems started to dissapear.
    I got an eating disorder a year ago and I'm now struggling with it, but it's not the same cause I still want to eat and I feel hunger. I just don't allow myself to do it.

The best thing to do is to tell someone and get help. Also, if you just don't feel any hunger, eat anyway, as gross as it may seem. Eat smaller meals but eat more often.