cook book ideas?

Options
I"m headed to the book store tomorrow and wondered if anyone has a good cookbook they can suggest. I'm trying to find new, tasty foods to make. I'm getting a little burned out on eatting the same thing week after week. ok so is the rest of my family. Thanks:)

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating and Clean Eating 2

The food is amazing with a ton of flavour and there is so much variety!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Symply Too Good To Be True 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6!! They go for like $10 each and all have full caloric intake details etc with each recipe.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Take your time and look for cookbooks that include nutrition information for the recipes and include recipes that fit your cooking style. If you know you're not going to spend four hours a day day preparing dinner, don't buy a cookbook with complicated recipes! It doesn't matter how healthy they are if you won't use them. Hungry Girl's recipes are tasty and easy--only thing I'm not crazy about is she uses a lot of fake sweetener, which I'm trying to avoid. You can also find a ton of recipes online for free. If you go that route, all you need is a notebook (either real or a folder on your computer). When you try a recipe and you like it, print it and file it in your own sections. If you don't like it, don't waste the paper! eatingwell.com has really tasty recipes and many of the mainstream sites--like Kraft foods, for instance, include nutritional info so you can decide for yoursself if a recipe fits into your plan. Kudos to you for taking the time to feed your family real food!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The Clean Eating cookbooks have recipes that take about 30 minutes max and have all the nutritional value. You can also google their recipes and save your money on the books.
  • daculadancer
    Options
    any of the Hungry Girl series...they are great!
  • pittfancbk
    pittfancbk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    From what I've observed after being on here, the fruits & veggies have the lowest calories. I would suggest looking for the vegetarian books, or even a raw foods book. ;) It may sound weird for raw food, but the point in that one would be to eat the fruits & veggies raw, or just barely cooked to get all the nutrients they contain. :) Either way, the vegetarian & raw foods, & even vegan books have lots & lots of recipes. Lots of ideas for just a few ingredients. Good luck! ;)
  • an25drea
    an25drea Posts: 6
    Options
    I like Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast. I enjoy the cookbook so much I bought other cooking light cookbooks, and I have not liked them as much :(
    Also Shape magazine when they have their Lose 10 lbs recipes for a week I always seem to find a gem!!
    My favorite from them is 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 tbs peanutbutter, 1 tbs honey, and cinnamon all mixed together and an apple sliced for dipping.

Much success on your quest!