Women: Do you weigh in on your periods?

Options
I think I'm heavier during those days so I don't even think of stepping on the scale.

How bout you guys? Are you heavier than normal?

Replies

• RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes I weigh in then. Sometimes I'm heavier, sometimes not. Depends if I give in to the chocolate cravings!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY heavier than normal. I'm having that issue right now, so I won't even be getting on the scal for about one more week. Just going to wait for everything to be done and gone and drink lots of water to flush out. It's too discouraging to weigh in while I'm on my cycle.
  • CindyRx
    CindyRx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself then, but I don't mark that weight down since I expect a higher weight. I actually weigh myself almost every day just to keep myself in check, I just only enter my weight once a week or every 2 weeks if it falls at that time of the month.
  • looby_loo91
    Options
    I don't even bother, my water weight just gets beyond ridiculous!! I give it a day or so until I'm off and have had a good gym session again and then get back on the scales!
  • michelgem
    michelgem Posts: 18
    Options
    Yes I weigh in then. Sometimes I'm heavier, sometimes not. Depends if I give in to the chocolate cravings!

oh the CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS. i have them too.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOO lol.....I Hide my scale!! I do take water pills though during my cycle to relieve water weight gain...helps alot with discomfort and it helps so my buttons dont fall off my pants lol...
  • betsygw
    betsygw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am always 3-5 lbs heavier around my cycle, it comes right off about 2 days after...even if I am eating super healthy and foods to prevent water retention.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Never, only because I feel like a bloated whale & I get really emotional, so if I did & the number on the scale had gone up, I'd probably cry & eat a whole cake.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Usually I don't but today went to put some jeans and they were so much bigger on me that I got on the scale and was surprised to find I was only 10st with water (usually nearer to 10st 5 this TOTM) so can only think I've lost some weight.. have to see what it says when all the water comes off.. I was 9st 12 before it went on.

I only record it when the water has come off and if there's a difference to what it was before it went on. I'm only doing monthly weigh-ins (which are recorded now) as I only seem to lose the week after all the water comes off then nothing until the next month
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Sometimes I gain a pound but then the day after ends up being my period. Then I lose the pound lol
    You will normally be heavier right before your period.
  • michelgem
    michelgem Posts: 18
    Options
    Never, only because I feel like a bloated whale & I get really emotional, so if I did & the number on the scale had gone up, I'd probably cry & eat a whole cake.

i know right? it sucks to be a girl.
  • Ajpett22
    Ajpett22 Posts: 8
    Options
    I retain so much water during the week before/first half of my period. It's ridiculous. I can easily weigh 5 pounds heavier. I can tell just by looking at myself that I'm going to weigh more so I also put the scale away for that time. Nothing wrong with that :)
  • yorkies2
    yorkies2 Posts: 52
    Options
    I think I'm heavier during those days so I don't even think of stepping on the scale.

How bout you guys? Are you heavier than normal?

I always loose a couple of oz.s.
  • veronicagorman
    Options
    DONT DOOOOOO ITTTTTT! it is very discouraging for me.......just wait it out. having your period is depressing and emotional enough...dont add to it!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing in this week, I got on the scale this morning and was up 2lbs, I know it's because my period will be here any minute.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. There has only been one time while on TOM where I gained, any other time I lost weight. :-D
  • missyfarr
    missyfarr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning w/o fail. I know there may be slight fluctuations during the month but being very regimented about my food diary and weigh in keeps me on track!!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I weigh in. Sometimes I am heavier and sometimes I lose weight faster. I think it just depends. I try to drink a lot more water to avoid the bloat.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I weigh in and I record it. I know I won't lose weight every week so I always record weigh ins no matter what the result.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    Oh NO! I did one time and of course it showed a higher #:(. Don't like to weight myself ........specially that time of the month.